Lets get some talking and sharing pictures going on

Bridgewater, ME

Friends lets contact our old friends and get them back on here to share our stories and pictures and help those who need help.Here are some pictures of my flock,I no longer have standard breeds only bantams.I have cochins and frizzle cochins,also silkies and showgirls,Here are some pics

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

I love the look of your cochins. The frizzle in the fourth photo has a facial expression like an ostrich! Showgirls must be one of the acquired taste things.I would have to knit them some little scarves.

Bridgewater, ME

Good morning,not to bad here this morning only 22 degrees but sunny.Need to let my chickens out.They will be in most of the day tomorrow as its going to rain and be very windy.Got to go get ready for church,everyone have a nice day

Richmond, TX

Be sure to dress the show girls in their little scarves...

Bridgewater, ME

Lol,they would look cute with a bow around their neck.Great idea for christmas cards,red ribbon around showgirl neck!

Bridgewater, ME

Oh my goodness,I went back to when I first started posting on here,all the pictures and all the chickens I have had over the years,but mostly how much I have learned over the years.I had to laugh at some of my questions?Haystack was so good about answering my questions and a lot of times I would private message him questions.like the time I had to put down a baby chick that was very sick and didn`t know how to do it and didn`t want to post a question like that.He was so sympathetic and understanding as it was so hard for me to have to do something like that.The building of my new coop and all the pics,so glad they are still on here.

Bridgewater, ME

This is another one of my frizzles.Calling for snow tonight,YUCK!!,not a whole lot but next Wendsday called for a lot,maybe it will fizzle out before then.

Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

My, what a hairdo!

Bridgewater, ME

So cold her today,was 17 this morning and 25 in the coop.The wind is blowing really hard here today and its going down to 10 or so,just went out gave the girls and boys some corn to keep their cute little bodies warm,and also turned on the heat lamps over the roosts,I`m sure it will get really cold in the coop tonight with the high winds,they are calling for 50 mph gusts.Closed all the vent up will open them tomorrow and turn off heat lamps in the morning.A little snow in the air right now.Still calling for a storm Wed.don`t know how much for sure,they all say something different. This is the chicken wreath my daughter made for me last year.

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

BRRR!! Its 14 here this morning and veryyyyyy windy,coop is 25 with heat lamps going.At least they were warm over the roosts last night.Going to make some hot oatmeal for them this morning.Wind is suppose to go down this afternoon and if the sun stays out it will warm the coop up.

Richmond, TX

36, windy, and raining here. Pretty disgusting!

Belle Center, OH(Zone 5a)

hey folks! new on this forum and just wanted to post an intro. My wife Debbie and I have pied guineas, Chinese weeder geese, Buff orpingtons, Auracanas, welsh harlequin ducks, a bourbon red turkey hen, and white pigeons here on our small farm in Logan County, Ohio. We also raise a crop of Cornish meat birds, each year, and either Broad breasted Bronze, or BBWhite turkeys, and usually (but not always) a couple hogs, and either a goat or a lamb.

Green I was reading your thread about the homemade incubator. If you attach a short length of broom handle under the middle of it, and put a weight on one side or the other it will work like a turner just by moving the weight from one side to the other.

Richmond, TX

Welcome NikB!

Bridgewater, ME

Welcome NikB,I don`t remember posting anything about a homemade incubator,it could not have been me as I would not know where to start making one,lol.I do have a bator but its a store bought one.

Wow! I have no idea how I got you mixed up with the person who did that!! My Alzhiemers must be kicking in.....

Richmond, TX

There is a "sticky" at the top of the forum about a home made incubator - is that what you were looking for?

Bridgewater, ME

I was thinking that maybe was what they saw porkpal

That IS what I saw. I just have no idea how I got Green confused with the person who posted it!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.