proliferations with roots now. what do I do with them?

Edwardsville, IL(Zone 6a)

I have polifs with nice roots. Can I pot them up and keep them indoors with my house plants in a cool lower level window until spring and then plant outside? R--- Should I pot them up and sink the pots in the ground outside and let them try to survive the zone 6 winter?

thanks,
Judy

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Judy, I brought mine indoors and put them in a south facing kitchen window. Mine didn't have any roots so I didn't want to take the chance. I planted quite a bit in the ground before the cold weather came. I imagine that yours could go outside in a protected area near the south side of the house if so desired. Mike

Edwardsville, IL(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Mike. We've got a warm spell coming in a day or two, I will plant them and do what you said. My DH had left knee replaced on Tues. and we just got home from the hospital. I stayed with him there so nothing has gotten done here .

Judy

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Judy, we are praying for a speedy recovery for your DH. We are expecting 60° tomorrow and 67° Sunday also.

Never too late to share info found on the internet so here is one.

http://pick-a-lily.squarespace.com/daylily-blog/2009/8/27/daylilies-for-free.html

His whole website is interesting.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very interesting. I used to keep the prolifs but I usually don't bother with them any more unless it is from a seedling I really like or a newer daylily that I want more of, then I will plant them.

Pawleys Island, SC

Blomma, thanks for posting that link. It was a good read.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.