CLOSED: My Favorite Things for 2014 Christmas Swap

Ocean Springs, MS

Please list a few of your Favorite Things to give your Secret Buddy ideas. Also mention if you’re diabetic or are allergic to any particular foods or scents. Have fun and give favorite colors, shirt sizes, things you collect, etc. Have fun!

Please no hot sauce, hot spices or hot seasonings! No candles!

Love homemade goodies! For Christmas, I have a Rudolph collection and a beach-themed small Christmas tree. tshirts/sweatshirts(size large), anything fleur de lis (love my Saints), coffee (no flavored-just plain dark roast), cocoas, soup mixes, recipes in a jar, soaps, lotions, garden art, plants that will grow in zone 8b/9a, morning glory seeds, collect old pitchers, plant hangers, bird feeders, and/or anything else you think might be perfect for me!

This message was edited Nov 9, 2013 11:05 AM

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

My favorite things are what ever my Secret Santa wants to share with me .
Best scents for me are VANILLA, Pumpkin Spice, I just do not do candles ,

I have a small home so i do not decorate much for it is just myself ,1 dog ,1 cat ,1 bird . & 23 Silkies out side :)
as some of you know my Hobbies are Gardening & I Play Bingo so can always use Glue & Daubers :) Gloves, or yard critters . for next season .
love short sleeve Shorty Pj's size xlg or T-Shirt xlg just don't care for glitter or sequence.
Love Handmade pillow cases, runners, or macrame plant hangers .
Hope this helps my SS .

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well I am not fussy. I really do not do candles either. I am VERY fond of caramel and of course chocolate. Ghiadellis are my faves. Lol. T shirts are a size large. Nothing with glitter or sequences. Pj bottoms Large. Yard embellishments are always fun. Love everything basically. Thanks, Ronna.

This message was edited Nov 7, 2013 3:21 PM

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I like nearly everything, so it might be easier to list things I do not especially care for, to wit:
Scents of melon (like cucumber, gourd, squash)
hot foods, like with pepper

I am not allergic to anything

A few things I am especially fond of:
chocolate
the scent lavender
Plants (of course)
handmade things
chocolate (did I mention?)
Aw, there's too much of things I like to mention-- you can't go wrong

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I like frogs, collect cookbooks and key rings. garden fairys and angels, dark chocolate, fudge, the color blue, plants flowers, dogs, and all y sistah's on dg.
oh, forgot, candles, berry, citrus, spice, no vanilla. bayberry is nice too

Jamestown, OH

I'm not too hard to please. Some things I'm well stocked up on and don't need right now: edibles, cookbooks, candles, perfume.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Christmas bright red and green, santa's especially flying santa's in airplane.
tshirts - 2xl I like comfy.
Not a flashy person
milk chocolate
cookies
lavender soaps - bath salts
scented drawer liners
any garden stuff except for knee pads I have several
not a picky person

Dislikes:
candles - I would burn the house down
scents - dh has allergies
honey syrup sorghum

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Like: Vintage / Nature
Fabric chenille and red wool plaid
Seashells and sea glass
Photography - birds , and nature .
Vintage Christmas ornaments
Nutcrackers
Sleeveless or short sleeve night gown poly blend 1XL
Music - Blues, classic rock
Handmade soap, lilac, lavender, goat milk
Anything handmade I just love.
Crochet or knitted slippers, crazy socks, cow neck scarf. Quilted items
Home goods - cookies, and candies, and favored coffees. I received some awesome treat last year.
Garden art is always welcome- love dish flowers.

Almost forget nothing with glitter on it. Candles and perfumes I try to avoid. It bothers my breathing.

This message was edited Nov 19, 2013 7:21 PM

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I am trying to get in the Christmas spirit.
I would really love decorations and tree ornaments the most.
I am really sentimental and love homemade things.
I have two nieces, one who is 4 and lives with me, she is my garden helper, so anything really fun for her would be awesome, as she is my co-conspirator in this swap! :)
The 7 year old has a nut cracker collection.
we do need some new twinkle lights.
balsam and pine are some of my favorite scents.
We can never have enough hand towels for kitchen or bath.
I have two cats and a pet rat so they like treats.
I am a medium in shirts and I loooove socks!
And garden stuff, tools, seeds, bulbs, stakes, trowels, gloves, books etc. are always welcome!
I would love any holly or other evergreen zone 5. :)
We can't grow mistletoe here, but I would love some!

I chose to abstain from all alcohol so save the cocktails and cordials, no rum cakes or egg nogs.

This message was edited Nov 21, 2013 1:57 PM

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Aw, poor kitty looks so cold..... bbbrrr. Pretty tho.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I have two sets of pierced ears; wrist is 7-1/2" - 8".

I'd love to have used Gardening books or magazines. I have subscriptions to Fine Gardening, Birds N Blooms, and Virginia Gardener.

I wear size 8 flip-flops and garden clogs and always wear a bungee style visor when I'm gardening.

Size XL or 1X for T-shirts.

Love all colors. Green is probably my favorite and Earth tones. Enjoy unusual foliage and growing plants I've never heard of from cuttings or seeds.

Some of my favorite candle scents are Earthly or natural.....Coffee, Juniper, Vanilla Bean, Linen, Citrus, Sea Breeze, Sandlewood and Pachouli. I have a Scentsy warmer for melting scented cubes.

Love homemade items, especially soaps.

Adore anything beachy!

I'm not allergic to any scents or foods, but I am allergic to Nickel.

We're coffee drinkers, the stronger the better.

Anything glass. It's well known that I'm a glass-a-holic...lol especially paperweights or paperweight related objects.

Herbs and Spices from your garden or region would be great.

Both our large and small garden flags are changed with the seasons, as are our wreaths. We're into birdfeeders and birdhouses, and hubby is seriously into wind chimes. I just listen to them tinkling and fill the feeders...lol

Can't think of a gardening tool I don't have but you might surprise me. Gloves are always welcome too, size L.

As far as chocolate, my taste runs the gamut from milk to dark to light. Probably like Dark Choc the best.

Wine is fine.

I hand-knit in case your yarn stash is getting a bit out of control or you have needles you no longer use.

Our Christmas decorations are traditional with red, green and gold, and primitive. I love Ornaments but not so much into overly religious themes or items.

DISLIKES
Chocolate Covered Cherries and / or Fruitcake will be returned to the sender!
Carnations
Gardenias

Although Ferns and are beautiful in their own right, I do not have the proper growing conditions for them to thrive.
We heat with wood and doing so saps most of the humidity out of the air -- what little there is in Winter -- despite always keeping a kettle of simmering water atop our wood stove.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Dislikes... Liver

I love chocolate of any kind.
I collect angels, especially if they have a blue dress.
I love to quilt and do all sorts of crafty things.
I love art for the garden.
I love anything handmade.
I wear a size 1X in shirts.
I don't care for candles that smell like pine, but love all other scents.
We have 2 dogs, a German shepherd and a black lab/pit mix.
I have a yellow headed amazon parrot that is 32 years old.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Do not put up Christmas tree nor Christmas decorations. Too many cats.
No live houseplants. Same reason.
Candles aren't allowed in the house.
Terrible at propogating seeds.
No snakes, owls nor rodents.
Personally don't wear pink.

Size: 2X

This message was edited Nov 19, 2013 3:54 PM

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Likes: Christmas, traditional colors; Garden gloves, latex dipped (lowes, I use 5+ pairs a season); Glass (ie vases... used is great..garage sales, goodwill, your cupboard..(lol), lead glass is my favorite); Kahlua, Jams/Jellies, homemade or local goodies (bbq sauces, cookies, breads, chocolate (dark is the best...mmmmm, no nuts), Garden art...classic or whimsical (fairies, gnomes,birdbath, hummer feeder I could hang on the porch close to the house out of the wind, no flags tho (gets too windy at times); Oveglove, Windchimes. need a new rain gauge.

No to: perfumes, lotions,candles, wine, Tshirts (I have a gazillion),

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

I am a little late to the party, but I hope I can help my buddy.

Homemade, repurposed
Garden Art
Old looking things like santas, ornaments, snowmen
Chocolate and chocolate things
Jams and other nummy things
Fun silly stocking stuffer type things

Dislikes

Fruitcakes
Angels
Things that smell "like" cinnamon, or any other artificial scent
Not a big candle person

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Homemade items
Garden Art
I absolutly love hummingbirds and I collect cute Doxie things as I have a 9 month old Doxie and have had Doxies the last 20 yrs. Her name is Brat after "Brat"waurst :) Have tons of candles so don't need them. I can't eat peanuts as they disagree with me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.