Black spots on basil

Oakland Park, FL(Zone 10b)

I replanted my basil seedlings in grow bags to be companion plants with my tomatoes. When I first transplanted them they looked fine. Now, 2 days later a lot of them have black spots on the leaves. Does Anyone know what it is and how to treat it? I'm trying to go as organic as possible but willing to try stronger stuff if that's my only hope! Thanks for looking.

Thumbnail by AliciaF Thumbnail by AliciaF
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I am guessing, but it looks like the black stuff on the citrus trees leaves. Make sure they get a ton of dryer air circulation! Could have come from the soil you used, - even in Houston we have to watch to get good soils. And some us will sterilize the soil we use just to be safe. Cooler weather is really rough in the fall on basil plants too.

Oakland Park, FL(Zone 10b)

I'm still not quite sure what it was, but I picked off all the affected leaves, and thank goodness that was the end of it! I had heard from some other south florida gardeners that a lot of basil was affected by this this year. One person told me it was a form of a leaf miner but I'm still not sure about that!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Okay. Will have to check up on that! Thanx for tellin me!

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

I get it this time of year, every year. I think it's from drops of water that don't burn off like they do in summer. The leaves "looks" are damaged, but the plant never seems to be.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.