What's happening in your neck of the woods November13

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Betty's on the road again and the old thread is getting long. A new month is a good time to start a new thread.

For anyone who needs to look back, go to: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1328033/

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Verona, ON

Morning everyone! Just think if I do fall asleep starting tomorrow I will be waking up at 4 am. Lordy!

Thanks for the new start Ann.

How does Lorna feel about her new truck? I am assuming it is still being detailed before she picks it up. Sure hope they can get the smoke smell out of it.

Hope Betty got lots of sun while she was in Fla. It has been rainy and windy here for a few days. Poor Duke is afraid if the rain and now I know high winds. Trying to coax him out of the carport yesterday met with a lot of resistance.I'd love for someone to get their hands on who ever is responsible for Duke's abuse. He's from Kentucky so maybe I should get defoecat on the case.Bonnie knows the area Duke was rescued.

M what are you up to today? Making anymore turkey pies? lol So glad you enjoyed the recipe. I have an excellent one for Williamsburg Turkey Chowder if you want it too? It's another greta way to use up turkey.
D

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mornimg all,

Thank you Ann for moving us over, much appreciated!

Wow, Canadians sure are getting the rain and high winds

Seems everyone I speak with say just how bad the weather is, hmmm, leave for home tomorrow, not sure I want to return to our temps...but do.

You know, good part of the day I've been inside due to heat so really what is the difference being inside at home. Due to cold. Lol

Dianne, Duke beeing frightened could very well be from abuse, sailor had many things she was frightening of because of her previous owner..feel so badly for Duke..am sure Diesel is helping out..thank god he now has a wonderful home with you..his fears will soon pass

Ann, going back to previous thread to see what you and "M" posted and be back in a bit

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Thanks for moving us Ann, I had thought I would, but, you know how that goes .. one minute it's 'on the mind', the next minute it's lost in time' ..

We got Piper at the age of 2 months, and, we feel 'something' happened to him. Have always thought he must have gotten his head caught somehow .. we CANNOT take his collar off .. once it's off, FUHGET IT! He runs and hides under the bed for hours, and, when he comes out he acts so strangely .. lord knows how the groomer does it ..

Betty, I tend to think your correct about being inside .. but, being inside because of the heat would be a bummer when away .. we have had no really 'bad weather' here yet, Lake Superior is working to bat it north and east (sorry Dianne)

Went online to do some shopping this morning ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr .. sometimes technology gives me a MAJOR headache !!! Seems from year to year, I can never remember my PASSWORD !!
anyway, I got the items and am pleased ..

Must remember to turn the clocks back tonight .. altho I doubt Smokey will realize there is a change and will start his pussycat 'chirping' at 5-6am!!
Gord's off moose hunting tomorrow, so, he'll want to be up early.

Off to fold laundry .. the excitement never stops LoL
BUT HEY .. I can walk pretty well know ^_^

Take care

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sitting out enjoying what is left of the day..overcast and nice breeze
Flags are just a fluttering

Know we complain about our weather but you know I'm kind of missing it..maybe more my craft room lol

"M" just the thought of you moving around without pain should be enough to excite you..thank the Lord operation was successful

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - you should be glad you're not in Calgary now....... We have solid snow predicted for 24 hours..... and so far it's been 12........ sometimes it's even white-out conditions!!
The weatherman said it's a good weekend to "snuggle in and stay home". 15cm predicted.....

Lorna!! a successful operation is fabulous!!

Betty .. at one point I thought I would NEVER get better, or mobile, but, I'm doing fine right now .. I see the surgeon for my final 'pat on the head' on Nov. 27

Waiting to hear when Lorna's truck will be ready ... waiting is tiring, best do something!

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

morning

just catching up here, not much going on since I left
good to be home, guess partly because I have to finish up Christmas items and the weeks are not great in number
lots to do most weekends besides helping Santa out so it means most evening I had best put a few hours in

Soooo glad you are feeling better "M"
feeling it in your posts each day that you are getting stronger

Makes me warm at heart

Thanks Betty .. I should NOT have spoken so soon re my hip .. I am convinced it's the cooler/damper weather that is making it kinda painful .. it especially acts up after I have been sitting for an extended period of time, I limp quite badly for about 5 minutes, but, then I'm good to go .. I see 'the team' Nov. 27 for a check up.

Good to have you back in Ontario, cool as it is!
I see the Phillipines is going to get hit with what meteorologists are calling a 'SUPER TYPHOON' .. I cannot imagine winds in excess of 250 MILES per hour, horrifying ..

Lorna got a call out of the blue from her former employer. The Manager asked if she felt she could come back in the spring .. she is thinking it over .. I KNOW they miss her, the cemetery has gone UNPRUNED with paltry floral displays since she had to leave.
Anyway, we'll see what happens, we're looking for her resume right now, I DID have it on the computer but I guess I deleted it :-(

Do so hope everyone is doing well, my university classes are going well, will be done at the end of the month. I'm glad as i am not too crazy about driving at night out this way .. the deer are quite active right now .. especially pre dawn and at night.

Lorna bought a 'new to her ' truck, a 2008 Dodge Dakota, she LOVES it ^_^
Nice to see her happy ..
Pic of her and the salesman (73) attached, he's been selling cars for 50 years ~~

Take care

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Victoria Harbour, ON

afternoon..

starting to feel like you "M" pray to the Lord it's just for a few days..how did you endure such pain!
Made a dr.'s appt but can't get in until Nov.21st..imagine!

Maybe Lorna could go back part-time...must make her feel well that they even asked her to consider it.

Went out christmas shopping at lunch, got to say I was rude, pain/traffic bumper to bumper didn't make for a nice experience.

who would have thunk that a rain coat for outdoorsmen would be $400-$800..I need 2 so won't happen at SoJourn.

Just e-mailed Jeff and asked if he'd go shopping for me..Braedon and Caleb likely explained what kind of rain coat they want for their 8 weeks outdoor trip..for me it's just guessing

Nope, can't imagine winds of that speed

38years for the Edmund Fitzgerald today
Hard to believe!
29 men remembered today

M

Victoria Harbour, ON

If weather Susan was anything like we are have today it's no wonder

Talk about high winds..

Had a bath, in bed with a good book listening to it !

Talk about branches/limbs that need picking up.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Everyone - bless you all for being my dear dear dear friends. You're truly earthly angels and blessed by Him! I'm blessed by knowing you all, and wish you firm or gentle hugs (whichever you can take, cuz I'm a good hug-ger!!) and lots of prayers and hopes for the best!

Well, went on one interview today, and they found TWO jobs they wanted to interview me for lol
One (that I expected) was for an administrative/Executive assistant, and the other one was for Service Coordinator (within their computer tech support area). I believe the interview(s) went well :-) They'll let me know before Friday which position I'm being considered for. One starts on the 18th, and the other starts on the 25th.
Pray for me, my sisters......

Awesome news Susan ..
Hope ALL turns out well for you ^_^

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

ty Marilyn...... going crazy waiting...... lol

Waiting it the worst, but, my Mum always used to say .. "Good things come to those that wait" .. out of context I know, but, still helpful perhaps ^_^

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lol well, at 59....... I've waited enuff, don't you think? lmao

Oh my, wondering how ABAnne is doing with all the snowfall in Edmonton.
Keep hearing it's going to come this way, but, I see nothing yet on the radar screens ..

Trying to get 'Christmassy' am thinking when I do the Mrs Claus thing at the hosp on Xmas Eve, it'll kick in ..

Take care

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon everyone..

have you all survived the high winds?

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi All
Lurking as work is just crazy. Not getting my wednesdays off and also having to work Saturdays just to keep my head above water. Just a bit .....tired.
Tons of snow and driving to work is taking more than an hour which drives me nuts. Will try to take photos of the snow and post when I get a minute.
Keeping up with all the news by lurking!
Ann

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ann, this is early for you to get this much snow is it not?

Working such hours is NOT in your best interest..you'll be exhausted and will catch everything going on.

Have a Dr.'s appt on Thursday, only time I ever got the flu shot I was sick all year..almost tempted to try again..hmmm, have to think on that one!

Good to hear from you Ann .. and i can see from the weather channel that Edmonton is absolutely YUK!
Take care, and try to enjoy the season as it so insidiously starts to come down around us ..

Good luck Betty .. left some info on the Gen Discussion thread re a blood test you might want to have.

Off to bed I go, have some studying to do, test on Thursday and the course is done !!!

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all..
on the cold side this morning, not raining though nor snow, even saw a rainbow in the sky.
"M" did mark it down and will ask Dr. tomorrow.

Providing I'm not sitting or standing there is no pressure..yuk

keep remembering how you were feeling 100% and in almost a blink of an eye there you were spending most of your time in bed..almost feel the same and am not a happy camper! I always said if something had to go please not my hands nor my vision, in a wheelchair I'd be ok but ONLY I'm saying now if the pain ceases.

cry baby aren't I???

Jim has more tests today, sure hoping there is something positive that comes out of them.

NOT a 'cry baby' Betty, just concerned about your health is all, and, lemmee tell ya, it sure is NO FUN at all pre diagnosis.
Once I was put on prednisone, my symptoms lessened, I likened it to putting water on a blazing fire.
Living with constant pain/discomfort is horrid .. I always tried to mask it with MAKE UP .. that stopped right quickly when I just could not stand ..
Go to your appt armed with info, and really be honest ! I wasn't and it cost me 'time'.

Lorna took her esume in to the cemetery office today and came out in tears .. they were SO HAPPY to see her, seems patrons (families) have been asking about her and wanting her back !! She wouldn't start until April .. and done in Sept .. and, the company is aware of her limitations ..
SO happy for her .. NOW we're going to a gym to start working out , hmmmmmmmmm, wonder how we'll do LoL

Supper is on, best get things going in the veggie dept

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

What great news re Lona..must certainly make her aware of what a great worker she was and how it was appreciated..celebration is in order!!

Rita has tortierre in the oven..I'm already propped up in bed although I vowed I'd stay up tonight but no can do.

She brought me supper in bed last night, set it on my bedside table, insisted I eat something..well this a.m. It went in the garbage

Know your south shopping Betty, but, wanted to say you're in my thoughts and prayers as is your step Dad, Jim, and, your whole family.
So shocking when someone becomes that seriously ill so quickly.

How is everyone's weatherr? I know Susan must have snow .. we have incredible cold for November ... -18c this morning, but, the wind has taken a hike .. AND .. no snow !! It's all around us, but none here in Thunder Bay .. would love some to moderate the temps, and, cover/insulate our septic field.

Take care everyone

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Yikes, been too busy redoing a room that hadn't been touched in nearly 40 years to be paying much attention. If any of you want to see the action, I've got an album on FB and this link should make it accessible even if you aren't on FB - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151724773165706.1073741839.581705705&type=1&l=2e7c9e6b74 (I've done a copy and paste there - let me know if there's a problem.)

Betty - I hope you are feeling better soon.

Whoa, looks good Ann, very ambitious, but, the end result will be so gratifying.

I now have a home with THREE Christmas Trees!!
I was told my fave fiber optic tree was broken (I obviously didn't believe it because I kept it in it's box in the garage)
Brought it in today, it works!!!
So, I have one 4' prelit tree, a 3' fibre optic and, a 30" fibre optic.
Lordie, good thing I like all the lights LoL
Taking our time decorating though .. I used to do it 2 weeks prior to Xmas, I think Betty gave me the decorating bug though !

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

It is ambitious, but badly needed. Will have a comfortable bed for DD and DSIL when they arrive on Boxing Day. And hopefully, we'll have the accumulated STUFF out of another room where it's been stashed.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Marilyn - snow is disappearing (chinooks will do that) Temp has gone down a bit today - "only" 2 celcius. Supposed to get warmer tomorrow :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all,

We've a good amount of snow, glad it has stopped today, especially the squalls as I want to fpd rive to the city today for a visit with Jim...

Ann, that is quite the project you've undertaken, you will be so pleased with the end result.

"M" lot easier doing it in drinks and drabs..I've been purging some of mine as each box is opened..last evening I hung the flashing snowflakes in 4 front windows..depending on what happens this weekend I am hoping to have the front pine tree decorated as well as all the deck lights..really should have been done before the snow arrived..knew that day I opted to just lay on the couch proved to be a mistake

Off and running

Cold just won't leave this body of mine, not helping

I hope all you want to do happens for you Betty, but, if it doesn't, welll, life will go on ..
Sure hope I am not sending you this wicked wind !! It has blown ALL night Had it have snowed along with it, we would be stuck here.
Have a dinner at my sons tonight .. Gord and I and Lorna, and daughter in laws folks too .. just about to make a pumpkin pie to take along.
Am hoping Lorna (and me) can navigate the stairs .. Murray's home is 3 levels ..

Susan, good to hear your Chinooks kicked in at the right time !

Take care all

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Well, this has been a whirlwind hour! Left home to go to Drs for a repeat on my regular prescription, found out about a job at his office, got my prescription at the pharmacy, did grocery shopping, interviewed for another job I got a phone call on, and got a lovely "something" in the mail from my Santa Warren's Christmas Exchange partner, to add to our "buddy's" present :-) This all happened Within One Hour, and I'm back home!!! So, from "door to door"......

Victoria Harbour, ON

could only happen to you Susan..

what's happening today?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Tell me about it, Betty..... my life is so roller-coaster, that I have to take a mental break, or I'll have a mental breakdown......
Sometimes I just "shut down"........

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not sure how you handle all that is dealt you Susan..you must be stronger than you think.

Snowing and blowing here this morning, weatherman says it shortly will clear up

Have always found you handle what you're given to deal with in the best way you can. Sometimes it's sure not easy, but, I have found out over time , that life is NOT easy .. you have to figure things out, snd make tough decisions ..
That said, I have to say that life is not an easy ride ..

~M~

Verona, ON

Agree with you M. My sweet dad always used to say "no one ever said life was easy but you do the best you can with whatever faces you." Susan sometimes one has to just 'shut down' in order to survive. I understand completely what you are saying.

Very cold here today but no snow. Duke is not too keen on the cold but does love the snow. He and Diesel are having a blast running and jumping in it.

Betty are you feeling any better today? When is your next apptment with the doc?

Dianne

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

my only problem is....... I need someone to jump start me, in reality, and it's just not happening....
I have my "Round Robin quilts" to do..... and they're sitting here - I can't get the "ooooomph" to get them done.... I'm sure I'm making several people mad at me.......

btw - in honour of my US friends, I've taken a turkey out of the freezer, it's in the sink now, and will have Thanksgiving turkey..... not sure what day - guess it'll be Saturday ?! anyway, seemed like a good thing to do at the time......

Susan, hope your meal on Saturday was delish ^_^
I sure think your weather can STAY there .. we have kinda freezing wee pellets falling right now, and, it's about -3C.

Went to a nurses luncheon today, too much fun, so happy I could make it this year, last year I couldn't walk .. how things change !

Dianne, how's Duke doing ? Better with the snow ?
Our two hooligans are hard to keep in the house, they love the snow.

Hope everyone is doing well .. HAPPY DECEMBER !!!

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.