My Autumn colored threadleaf Japanese Maple.

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

I don't remember this beautiful orange color in the previous two years. Not sure how old this tree is as I moved here in 2010 and it is still growing.I can't get a good true color in the picture. It is a light pumpkin orange in reality.

Thumbnail by Windy
Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

This one is closer to the real color. I don't know why it wants to keep lightening the actual color.

Thumbnail by Windy
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I bet that's pretty with the brick. I don't know anything about JMs; is that far enough away from the house?

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

It was here when I moved in. I think it is a small bush like tree. Hopefully it won't get much bigger.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Nice looking tree. For what it's worth, I think that is sufficiently far from the house. With JMs you really don't have to worry about the roots tearing up your foundation or anything and when the tree does get bigger it would be pretty easy to selectively prune any branches that got too close to the house if that's what you want.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Funny thing, I think both colors are highly desirable. I'd take either one.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

assume that tree is green in the spring/summer - mostly likely a viridis, closer look at the leaves would help - nice color

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

This picture was taken in 2012 around mid spring.

Thumbnail by Windy
Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

I cropped the leaves to show the detail. I am not sure how it will look once uploaded as it sometimes shrinks the pictures after they are uploaded.

Thumbnail by Windy
(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Oh, nice form too Windy...beautiful.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

I would guess viridis although hard to make out the leaves with the sun

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Of course the different soils and conditions might make mine different, but my Viridis is not this color in the fall. It is much more red than orange.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.