Help with bringing in my Brug for the winter

Canonsburg, PA

Hi Everyone, This is my second year with a Brugmansia. I bought one 2 years ago from a local nursery and it was beautiful. It had white blooms and grew to about 5 1/2 feet. I had planted it in the ground and when it came to fall I did not bring it in...So Sad! This year I bought another one. It bloomed a bright peach that turned to a pale pink. I put this one in a pot. So here we are close to the time to bring it in. I have a sun room so it should be happy. What all do I need to do? I live in the Pittsburgh area. Is there anything special I need to do come spring?

Hamilton, OH

Good Morning
your sun room sounds Great, just give your Brug one cup of water a month, you don't want to over water in winter, keep an eye on your leave's for aphids, if you see them you can spray the leaves, with Murphy's oil soap mixed with water, that smother's them
then in Spring when you take your Brug out, when you dig the hole to put it in, put 2 hands full of 10 10 10 10 in the bottom of the hole then sink your Brug
you'll notice a Big difference in it's growth, I hope this helps you

Elizabeth

Mesilla Park, NM

This information helps me too. Thank you . I have not brought the ours in yet. I have two small ones inside but plan to be upping the rest in. Do you know if Murphy's oil soap helps with other bugs, like white fly or mealy bugs? I will have more plants indoors this winter than my normal house plants and am a little worried .

A.

Long Beach, CA

Elizabeth ~ what is the 4rth 10 or is that a typo?

Hamilton, OH

Raps
it's a typo, Thanks for bringing it to my attention, 3 10's not 4

Elizabeth

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.