Please ID These Dried Beans

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I have a bunch of 'old', dried beans that I'm trying to cook. (Yes, I'm aware of the problems associated with cooking old beans. Using a pressure cooker, I've been having good success.) I can identify most of the beans. The variety pictured below eludes me. Do you recognize this variety of dried bean?

I'm looking to ID the light tan beans in the picture. As an aid in establishing the size of the beans, I added the dime on the lower right. For comparison of color, etc with other well known beans, I also added one cannellini bean, 2 pinto beans, and another red bean (similar to pintos but not sure about that one) next to the dime. Again, it's the pale tan beans that I am looking to ID.

All of the beans pictured are over 12yrs old. I mention this in case time may have effected the color of the tan beans in some way. If these beans were paler in color & closer to white, I would be inclined to think they were navy beans. This is why I included the cannellini bean, because despite being equally old, the cannellini bean is still white.

Just to clarify what you are looking at in the picture, some of the beans (around the edges) are under plastic. I put a handful (those covering most of the pic) on top of the plastic for better viewing. If you recognize these beans, please help. Knowing the variety would help tremendously both in choosing a recipe and in deciding on the cook time for my pressure cooker. I've combed the internet and viewed countless bean pics but cannot find these beans anywhere.

Thumbnail by DreamOfSpring
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!