Need ID on Fig Tree

Clarence, NY

Fig tree was given to my niece in NY, so must be ornamental and common..? Leaves are deeply tri-lobed, fig is green (at first anyway) on long stalk. Thought maybe it was Fiddleleaf fig, but the mature leaves don't appear that way. Anyone have fig pics? Thanks! ~Deb

noonamah, Australia

Do you have photos? How large is the fruit? Sounds like it might be one of those grown for fruit, their leaves are like that.

Hamilton, OH

Pic of my Fig Tree, I live in zone 6B it stays in the ground all year, it's a Brown Turkey Fig

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

It definitely is not a Fiddle Leaf Ficus. IF the tree has figs, it is not an ornamental ficus but is a fruit-bearing ficus.

noonamah, Australia

Haven't seen a fig (Ficus) that hasn't produced fruit, unless it still too immature. They're all actually "fruit-bearing".

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

My Fiddle Leaf Ficus is a 20 year old tree and has never fruited. I also have several 10 year old (or older) Ficus maclellandii ("Narrow-leaf Ficus") that have never fruited. I assume they have never fruited because I cut them back twice a year to keep them at a manageable size. They all have to be brought inside for the winter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.