Dig them up now ? How can I do that to them

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Cut them up ? Or just move everything deep into FL
Sorry they flip the photos from the way I see them here

Thumbnail by GordonHawk Thumbnail by GordonHawk Thumbnail by GordonHawk Thumbnail by GordonHawk Thumbnail by GordonHawk

Gordon,they are beautiful!!!!
How is your mom doing?
Cody

Hamilton, OH

Gordon
they're Beautiful, I would just Move them, I have all mine tucked away in the Basement already, I started digging the middle of Last month to get it all done.
BTW it's good to see you post, I hope everything is alright with you.
I second what Cody said How's your Mom

Elizabeth

Long Beach, CA

Gordon ~ They look great! What does FL mean?

Rhaps

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Oh Cody... Thanks...Mother is holding on ..she's still managing at home again and says she'll be walking in a week...I'll go back to see her as soon as I get the plants into places they can overwinter...inside and I'm making the cool room up again.. That's my 8' x 10' house on the roof....made of 2" foam...that will stay at 40-45 degrees F... This will be it's 5 th year..'
Thanks Elizabeth.. Yes thanks to her grandson and his live in girlfriend mother is managing.. She's not happy that I have control of her income and paying the bills from up here... She can no longer pretend she John Bears Fortipton with her grand / great grand kids. Which is what got her into the financial bind she's in with a few maxed out cards...I hear her Brugs there are doing ok and flowering some..
Rhaps. FL is the two letter state code for Florida...it might be more affordable to be near the ocean there.. Than in CA or HI...although they are in consideration also...as is other countries ..or maybe a sailing life on the high seas.. Maybe just plant evergreens and stay here with nothing to do but sit in the garden...
I finally have some flyover movie footage taken of the garden from my drone which I'll post as soon as I can reformat the files to be acceptable to u tube "Stay tuned"

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

That is some glorious picture there !

Looking forward to the drone~ you tube ...

So sad to have to pack it all away. I have watched all these years. Amazing !

chrissy

Hi Gordon,you are welcome!!Good to know she is ok.I know its really been stressing you out having to go back and fourth since shes been sick.Gordon don't give up on your brugs.You love growing them to much to give up on them.The people in New York would not get to see the beautiful garden on your roof from the ground anymore if you gave up.Thats great that you are putting them away for the winter.Sounds like a neat house that you will have them in.Thats also great that you will be going back to see her as well.I hope the kids are taking good care of her.Stay safe and take care!!!
Cody

This message was edited Oct 27, 2013 7:05 PM

Long Beach, CA

LOL I know that also meant Florida but when I looked at where you live it said NY.

Rhapsody

Thumbnail by Rhapsody616
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi Crissy... Cody!

Gordon!!!! This may be OOT, but I just discovered a nice feature on you and your rooftop garden!!
http://nyorkers.com/gordon-hawkins/
Or maybe somebody on DG has already pointed this out.

You're right, we have to feed those brugs all the time! You'd be missing gardening 'nekkid' in Florida for sure!

You're an inspiration Gordon. The chimes aptly accompanied your narrative while the camera flit from bloom to bloom. The world certainly needs more 'artists' like you.

Jaye B.

Hamilton, OH

Gordon
What a Beautiful view, Yes you must keep Gardening, it's something we Love, it just wouldn't be the same without you posting your Beauty's
Take Care

Elizabeth

Hi Jaye,hope you are doing well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.