Phymosia umbellata

Mesilla Park, NM

Does anyone have this plant to trade? I can find it anywhere for sale. It is in the malvaece family. Cuttings would also be most welcome. This grew into a huge shrub for me in Southern California and I lived in the high desert area of Moreno Valley, same zone and desert type conditions as where I live now.

Help! I really want this plant and have lots to trade.

Thank you

Antoinette

Mesilla Park, NM

I finally found some.

Thank s .

A.

Ps... Kartuz greenhouses in Vista, Ca has them in stock.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2013 2:40 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

You really like the difficult , to find and search for don't you ?lol
Good you found it !!!^_^

Mesilla Park, NM

I put a photo of mine in the plant files. It is soooooo worth it. If you like confederate rosé , malvacae and the hardy Hibs, this one is a must have if you can find it. I ordered three of them and one has got yo make it for me.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Pretty , it would probably be a difficult pot plant here .. zone envy ...lol
I do that also , trying plants in threes , not to strike out as often , playing baseball or gardening to basic strategy ..
While I''m playing Gourd ,, lol
Luffa Gourd in the pic ,, i hear ya ,, ha ha ,,
I forgot sister's youngsters are here ,, it's wearing off on me ,, silly me

This message was edited Oct 24, 2013 8:03 PM

Thumbnail by juhur7
Mesilla Park, NM

Are you sure those are loofah, lol, they look mighty tastee to me from this end.. You know those darned melon seeds we shared a couple of years ago? From baker creek, they never came up for me, how about for you.. I thought we were going to have some great melons.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I remember the orangeglo I kept some somewhere (seeds) I don't remember where they are , Of course their in the fridge box . The small ones I recall , one vine terrible result ..
Some people eat sprouts and finger size melons of Luffa , Only I'm of the poison crowd , not happening with me ,
Moon &Stars
Orangeglo
Klondike stripe are the only Watermelons I have , I grew some gourds last season , and there is a squash or two seed around here , only I'm not good here with them .
I remember a 12 pd Orangeglo
Only dragging hoses and the root feeder I can grow them )only I don't like dragging hoses around .
What I wouldn't give for an outlet near the garden ,,,lol Could not of used it last year though , water restriction order ,,,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Royal golden I had four or five vines come up , bugs ate them almost immediately , Desert king grew then failed . (one vine)
Those i remember , golden midget never got a good vine going ...

Mesilla Park, NM

Maybe this coming year will be melon year! For us, I'll go see if I find some good seeds out there..lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sure ; always looking , If you want any I have , of above you know your always welcome to them ,,
Have a nice evening thanks for the talk , bit of a stray but interesting anyway ,,
^_^

Mesilla Park, NM

You bet!
A.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.