Nepenthes Miranda

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I am new to carnivorous plants and recently purchased a Nepenthes Miranda. The last carnivorous plant I had was a Venus flytrap that I had no luck with. I thought the "flowers" on the pitcher plant were really neat and since it eats mosquitoes, I had to have it. The plant gets filtered sun and seems to like the location that I have put it in. There is a lot of new growth on top and I am anxious to try to propagate it.

Just found this CP forum today and thought I would share!

Happy Gardening!

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219
north coast nsw, Australia

hi. Very nice. If you need any help growing carnivorous plants i can help i grow heaps. You wont need to fertilise your plant as it gets its nutrients from bugs.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I have never had any luck with Carnivorous plants, so any and all advise is welcome! :-)

I have already seen a few small incests in the pitchers, so it seems to be feeding well and I am keeping the soil moist and just a little bit of water in the pitchers.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Welcome and congrats on that Nep! I had one years ago.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Down here in Florida, it is mosquito heaven...so anything and everything that eats them is good for me! :-)

It has a lot of healthy new growth, and I am hoping to propagate it and start some cuttings of it.

Coconut Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

you shouldn't have any problem with Miranda in Tampa... keep it away from freezes... water the hell out of it.. news do not appreciate drought at all... try to water with rain water or distilled as much as possible..

if you do the above the plant will grow out of control....

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

It seems to be growing out of control and I have already had to transplant into a bigger pot. I have been bringing it indoors when the temps dropped below 50 and using mostly rain water to water it. It has a lot of new growth seems to be a happy plant!

Hopefully, come spring, I can take some cuttings and propagate it.

Shauna

Coconut Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

you'll be fine taking cuttings it should root easily

north coast nsw, Australia

ive got some cutting from a nep in my greenhouse at the moment. ive had them in small pots for a while and i dont remember which they are now. hehe! should always tag.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.