what kind of juniper ?

Madison, WI

I recently lost a beautiful and aged juniper..at least I think that was what it was; the winter had been particularly hard in some ways, snow was deep, and beasties had eaten the bark beneath the snow, which entirely covered the plant....all the way around all the woody stems. Also, I had earlier never enjoyed that type of plant, since they usually looked kind of beat-up, with naked or dried up portions and often had old deciduous leaves from previous years choking their growth; but I began to see if I could help it to be healthier by removing the deciduous leaves as they accumulated, and cutting out the dead portions, and it became beautiful ! But just as I began to really appreciate it, I lost it...and I want another.

What it had looked like was having a very blue cast, short prickly "leaves", and a somewhat upright, but also creeping, habit. It was of a range of about 14 " high. Can anyone ID the variety ? Unfortunately, I never took a picture (I've been here 3 years now, and it was already on the plot.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Check out Juniperus squamata

Resin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.