a gluten free alternative

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i'm trying to go gluten and dairy free. the dairy part is pretty easy, the wheatless part not so much.
i just wanted to pass on a really, really good gluten free pasta that i found. it's called Tinkyada Pasta Joy. the ingredients are brown rice, rice bran and water. it is by far the best one i've tasted...every bit as good, if not better, than regular wheat pasta. i've tried the corn pasta...eh...and a few others...eh...eh.....

the directions are a little different and a money saver as well. boil water, add pasta (i add a couple drops of olive oil and salt), stir and boil 2-3 minutes. put the lid on and turn it off. let it sit 18 minutes. although you do have to wait a bit longer, you're not using electric or gas, so that's a plus in my book.

i have only tried the penne so far but they make all different kinds. i found it at my local health food store. amazon carries it too. yes, it is more expensive but for those of you who have to be on a gluten free diet....this is the one to try!

This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!