What do you make of this?

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

my pet kitty disappeared 5 months ago. I was heartbroken as he was not one to wander away. He loved being around his people aned never went very far at all. The word was that there was a feral cat terrorizing the pets in our area. After searching and calling everyone, I decided he'd fallen victim to the feral cat.

I have no words to express how excited I was this morning when I was tinkering in my husband's workshop and I hear this unmistakeable meow. It was my beautiful kitty, Kozmo. He let me pet him (and he petted me), then wandered around his usual spots and I could just tell he was saying to himself: "yeah, I remember this/that spot". I fed him and he was ravenous, but he always was a pig.

He has lost maybe 1-2 pounds, his collar and tags were intact and there were not scars from battles with ferals. I can't help but think somebody kept my cat for all this time and he finally escaped or the person decided to return to me. Who would keep my cat and not call??? His appearance is pretty good, I can't imagine that he was roughing it outdoors. He looks rather well kept.

Do you think I'm crazy in thinking my kitty was kidnapped?

Wanna hear more weirdness? I woke up last Monday morning remembering I had dreamed of my kitty. I remember thinking the dream was very vivid but put it out of my mind and went about my daily routine. Then, he shows up today....

I would love to read your thoughts on the matter

Thumbnail by vossner
This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!