Looking to add some fragrant peonies

Leacock-Leola-Barevi, PA(Zone 6b)

Does anyone grow the following peonies: Myrtle Gentry, Hermione, Philip Revoire, and Auten's Pride. Can you tell me about their fragrance? Do they smell nice? What do they smell like? Thanks in advance. Karen

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Hermione and Philip Reviore are both listed on the Old House Garden website. I ordered Philip, which he described as a "rose scented legend", adding that scented red peonies are hard to find. He notes that Hermione is one of the most fragrant peonies of all, and says that if you cut the buds just before they openm they will fill your house with scent for a week or more.

Scott is very much a straight shooter. So there you have it!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Please let us know how you like them.

Leacock-Leola-Barevi, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Donna. I was hoping to hear from someone who actually grows them in their gardens. But if you said that the proprietor of OHG said so, I will take your word for it and order from them. Rosemary, I will let you know how they turn out for me. Karen

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Scott is a person of great integrity. I have actually had the pleasure of meeting him. I have ordered from him off and on almost from the beginning of his company. I have always been VERY happy with his product.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.