New photo issue

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I've rebooted three times today and still have the problem.

As the mouse hovers over "Choose a File" a lighter box appears saying, "No file chosen" but it does not give me any chance to choose a file. Clicking on "Choose a File" proves useless. I would attach a screen capture but it won't allow me to enter any photo program.

Any ideas how I can get to my photos? I'd love to post a photo of my new grandson, born at 1:44 today!

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi, pirl,

"I would attach a screen capture but it won't allow me to enter any photo program."

What is the "it" that won't allow you to enter any photo program?

ZM

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I just tried to re-create the problem. I hovered, and got the "no files chosen" pop-up. But I could still click on the "choose a file" and my hard drive files came up as usual. If that isn't happening, try backing out of the thread and re-entering it, then click on the "choose a file" link and see if it works properly.

The feature below that says CHOOSE A FILE won't let me, ZenMan.

How do I "back out"? (I tried backspacing from this page and it still won't let me do it, Terry.)
I appreciate any help!

Try clicking on the forum link (just beneath the thread title at the top) and then re-accessing that thread.

How I wish it worked, Terry. I did as you said but still can't "choose a file". I still get the tiny (lighter) box that tells me "no file chosen" when I click "Choose a File".

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

I am clicking on "Choose a File" to add a zinnia picture here. It lets me navigate to wherever I want on my computer to pick up a picture. After several seconds spent uploading the file, a thumbnail of it appears with an "X" in a red circle at the top righthand corner of the thumbnail. That looks a bit ominous, but I click on the "Preview" button to see what I will see. The red X is gone in the thumbnail, so I will send this message. Except for the red X, things seem to be working normally. Here is a picture of one my zinnia plants, with three blooms showing. That picture is several years old.

ZM

Thumbnail by Zen_Man

Zen_Man - mine won't let me go past "Choose a File" - that's the whole problem. I click on that and a box (lighter than normal printing) appears to say "no file chosen". I can't navigate anywhere though I used to do exactly as you described.

Very pretty zinnia!

WHat Zen_Man said. I'd try clearing my cache (I know that's a tired refrain, but when something stops working right, that is often a good first step. Most browsers will let you pick-and-choose what you clear, and how far back.)

I cleared my cache and all cookies but still can't get to Choose a File.

I will now unplug everything and try again later.

Thanks for your help, Terry.

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi, Pirl,

Do you upload photos to any other place on the Internet? Like, for instance, if you use Photobucket,

http://photobucket.com/

Do you have any trouble uploading photos to them? If you can upload pictures elsewhere, then your problem might be related to this forum. If you can upload photos to a lot of other places on the Internet with no problem, that would be significant. But if you haven't uploaded photos to other places recently, then the problem probably is with your system somehow.

ZM

Zen_Man - good news. Unplugging and replugging worked with the Dmail I just sent so I have no idea what the problem was.

I don't use photobucket.

Here's my brand new grandson! He's not even a day old.

Thumbnail by pirl

Now that I can post a screen capture or photo, this is what I was seeing. Check out the line of red stars and you'll see exactly what I saw while I was having the problem.

I have marked my folder as to how it got fixed by unplugging and then replugging an hour later though I bet five minutes would have given the same good results.

Thank you, Terry, and you, Zen_Man, for trying to help!

Thumbnail by pirl

Arlene, I am sorry about the photo snafu, but your grandson is just adorable!! what a dimple he has. Congratulations!!

Thank you, Elsie. They get to stay in the hospital suite until Saturday!

That dimple is too sweet.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Now, THAT pic was worth fighting for to post!!!!!

That is one seriously CUTE baby!!!

And, ya'll KNOW, most newborns are NOT cute, LOL, no matter what people say!!!!!

Congratulations, Pirl!

Linda

Thank you, Linda! I read your post to my son when he called and it added to his happiness to know others are enjoying the first photo. My DIL ended up having a C section so the baby has a nice round head, not pointed like his father had!

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

My mother gently rubbed all our heads as newborns, to work out that "conehead" thingy and reshape them!!

Ancient Creole secret, LOL!

I'll give all new moms the message!

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Arlene, he is beautiful! May he grow to be happy, healthy and strong. I hope the dimples stay.

Me, too!

Thanks, Marcia!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.