Iris from Pleasants Valley Iris Farm

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Last Monday I received two Prague, tall bearded irises, directly from Pleasants Valley Iris Farm. I had not ordered any irises and these are beauties, but who sent them to me?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1511&bih=714&q=tall+bearded+iris+PRAGUE&oq=tall+bearded+iris+PRAGUE&gs_l=img.12...4832.11586.0.13969.24.19.0.5.5.0.152.1474.16j3.19.0....0...1ac.1.27.img..5.19.1471.mo-0RXuPZnM

I did write to the company immediately and asked them for the name of the person who sent them so I could send a thank you note but they haven't responded.

Please end the suspense! I have enough suspense tonight as I await the birth of my third grandchild!

Thanks.

Lincoln, NH(Zone 4a)

If you haven't yet heard, why not call them to find out who to thank?

I did call, got a recording, explained the situation and left my phone number and name: no reply.

South Hamilton, MA

They must be busy.

Dallas, TX

Well if you don't want them, I'm sure I could find a good use for them. I'd even spring for the postage. :D

They're so beautiful that I wouldn't give them to my best friend. I've had them planted since I received them.

The company did call me back last Thursday but they wanted the number on the order to see who had them sent to me. There was no accompanying sheet carrying any order number and no copy of the order in the package.

A big thank you from me to the person who sent me the irises!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Just another mystery of life, but how wonderful that it is a Pleasant (no pun intended) one.

That's true, Mittsy!

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Pirl...you are one lucky gal. You are such a giving person I'm not surprised someone would gift you plants.

And I wouldn't doubt that it was you, Deb! In any event, thanks for the kind words.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

It wasn't me Pirl...I only wish I had thought of doing it.

You're perfect as you are.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

It may have been someone who got an order and used the Pleasant Valley shipping container. I'd own up if it were I. I'm sure someone will.

Anything is possible but the box contained their literature. Of course, someone else could have used their literature/culture sheets and their box. Our post office wouldn't allow me to mail something with a company's return address. It would have to be my own return address.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

I agree with everyone else. If anyone deserves and happy surprise gift it is you. I also wish I had thought of it.

You are so sweet, Mary. Thank you for the nice thoughts.

I think I now know what a living eulogy is like, thanks to my good friends who posted here!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.