new kids pics

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Just thought I'd update you all on my goats. We finally have some babies! One boy and one girl and the third pregnant doe is still waiting, but is so good with these babies she is in with the new moms as the "aunt".

Sorry, these were taken on a cell phone, but the cute factor is still showing through!

Thumbnail by terri_emory Thumbnail by terri_emory Thumbnail by terri_emory
Richmond, TX

Aaaaaawww.....too cute!

(Zone 6b)

Happy for you.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, you guys. Still waiting on one more. But these two are still alive--and I'm shocked as I'm such a newbies with goats. Kikos must be hardy indeed!

(Zone 6b)

Are they as sweet as they look?

Somebody on here told me I needed to get a sheep once. That they are really sweet.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

The buckling is ornery but not in a mean way, if you see what I mean. He is very spunky and gaining weight fast. The doeling is very sweet. But she stands right up to her half brother. It is so fun watching them play together and watching their personalities develop. I know the buckling will be sold, so I try hard not to get too attached to them as these are production animals.

Ferndale, WA

Those goats go far beyond cute. Their antics are beyond funny. Life just seems to exude from them. I don't want any but love, love, love watching what shows they put on. Congrats Terri.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

☺ Thanks!

I have another doe expecting one or two more any day now.

Ferndale, WA

Hi Terri, so whats happening with the new babies? Hope all is going well for the new mommy and little ones...Looking for pictures you know...lol...Hay

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, I just got my new camera and am learning how to use it. So should have some pic's up soon.

We are keeping the little girl and selling the two boys--so far no buyers. All are doing quite well, thank you for asking ☺. I still can't believe the goats and I pulled it off! I have two more does expecting to kid out soon so I really want this cold weather to move back on up north. I'm trying to grow my herd and will be looking to goat-fence off more pasture this spring.

Ferndale, WA

Sounds like your really getting into the goat business. You must really be enjoying them. I think their antics are outrageously funny. Tell me...There much to small for meat goats so what makes them so popular. I know little to nothing about goats except they are cute...but, there must be a value to them for some reason....Thanks...Hay

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Actually, these are meat goats--they are Kikos. A couple of Spanish goats as well. Right now they are brush removers and doing a good job of it, too. A lot of the cattle people around here are using them as part of their rotational grazing program and as meat goats, too. And the babies are awfully cute! But their daddy is now close to 200 lbs at two years old. We've been very careful not to make a pet out of him and bucks can become verrrryyyy obnoxious if they start to forget who they are. He still has a goofy personality so we like him. But I can see why others do not want a buck on their property!

The goats and the chickens, too, are part of our daily blood pressure medicine ;~).

(Zone 5b)

Cute babies! Had no idea there was a breed of goat that could weigh 200 pounds, thanks for sharing the info.

Waddy, KY

We just got into the goat business last year and are starting to kid out our first group. We had three kid over the weekend and another six should be following soon. We're certainly learning a good bit about kidding in the low temperatures and currently have a doe with triplets in the basement due to one of the kids having some difficulties with her back legs. I don't think she's deformed but think she was laying in the uterus with her legs in a frog leg position and her pasterns are stiff, not allowing the hoof to sit correctly on the ground. It's already getting better and she can stand and nurse unassisted, she just can't walk very well yet.

We borrowed a buck from a friend and he was quite an interesting animal. He is an older animal and was a show goat. I don't know if that was the reason he was so agreeable but we didn't have any problems with him. He's welcome back anytime!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.