Mandavilla vine/plant

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

We went to Lancaster county, Pa. for family reunion and a cousin had some beautiful mandavilla vines/plants on her patio..beautiful colors but her neighbor has one that appears to be on a 5/6 ft. trellis. The cousin mentioned that the neighbor moves it into her garage and keeps it there all winter. We were pressed for time so I didn't have time to ask questions or walk over to the neighbor's to see what kind of container she had it planted in for her to take inside during the winter.

I would love to try growing one of these plants/vines. I assume they are available in nurseries come early Spring?
Do they take full sun or need shade? Would love to hear from people who grow this plant/vine to learn more about it's growing habits/ and how to care for it.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Yes, they are in box stores and nurseries in the spring. They need full sun. They will grow to around 8' tall and require water about every other day. They are spider mite and mealy bug magnets, so you have to watch for them and treat them when they appear. Do a google.com search for 'mandevilla care'.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.