CLOSED: Trading Brugmansia for Perennial Cactus, Hardy to zone 6, Oh

Hamilton, OH

I have a number of Brugmansia's, Night & Day Blooming Succulent's

Thanks for Looking
Elizabeth

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I have some cactus but have no idea which they are but if you want to try I am game. I know we had a really bad freeze a few years ago that wiped many out.

Hamilton, OH

mine are Prickly Pear, they have been surviving my Zone 6 winters in Flower Pots. here they are Perennials, I have Pic's of them if you would like to see them, I just need more for a Friendly Fence,
are you Looking for Brugmansia's?
Wow, zone 9 had a Freeze, here we're use to it, I would Love to Live in a warmer zone

Elizabeth

Pittsburgh, PA

Elizabeth,

I have three pads from a newer cultivar of prickly pear. I work in a nursery and these fell off the plant, so I planted them last year and they did make it through the winter. They have yellow flowers.

If you want them, I will trade for some epi cuttings or whatever... It makes no difference to me.

Judy (zone 5/6)

Hamilton, OH

Judy
I was just Looking for Someone to Trade these Epi's to, I love all Prickly Pear, once you get Epi's started, you'll have Bunch's to Trade.
The Epi's are really easy to take care of also, I keep mine in my attic, in front of the window, also
I will going to our international market, someone told me that you can Plant the one's they sell.
How many Epi's do you want, the skinny one's are the Day Blooming, the Larger one's they call Queen of the Night. I have the Queen already rooted, the other one you'll have to put in soil, any soil
works well

Elizabeth

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Yes looking for any brugs and day blooming epi's. I also have prickly pear cactus.

Yes 2 years ago we had 6 inches of ice in a 5 gal bucket. Was really cold.

Hamilton, OH

ilovejesus99
I just Love that name, I have a ton of Brugs, & Day Blooming epi. would you Like a couple Lost Tags
Brugs, Big Clippings, I also have Named Brugs, I'll take any Prickly Pear that you have.
I am Shocked, you having a Freeze there.
but not Really, they have had Freeze's in Florida, Like for the last 3 years, well prior to this Past Winter.
Let's work this Trade out, I don't like to mail anything on Fridays, but Monday Tuesday, Wednesday even Thursday is Fine, I do Priority 2 day delivery, so far it has worked out Great.
Just LMK
Thanks
Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Judy
I Received the Box, Thank you for the Trade

Elizabeth

(Zone 7a)

I have rooted pads for postage if you want extra prickly pear 😊

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I will get back with you very soon as my new puppy just came down with parvo and is very very sick. I am going to send you a dmail to keep in touch but it maybe a week before I get back to you. I hope she makes it but is very very ill. :(

Hamilton, OH

Kim M
just Let me know the Postage, I use M.O. instead of Paypal, I don't have an account, I can Always
use Extra PP's

Elizabeth

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I have some cholla cactus Elizabeth, and a weird spider looking one too they are prennials here. in a pot, ready to go grass and all..all my PPs are yellow and have seed pods on them, need to trim them. let me know, I do not have a brug from Elizabeth atm, I lost all but 7 brugs. I can get the big big pad with red flowers and purple fruit, I just have to go there and ask for them.

Hamilton, OH

Debra
Girl Where have you Been? I have Missed you, it Good to see you posting, do want to Try Brugs
again? I am Cutting Back now, getting them Ready for Winter Storage
A Lot of them are Crosses.
The Cactus sounds really Pretty, is there anything Else you Want?

Elizabeth

Been grieving, my sister died in june, hard to get over it. lost a lot of plants during that time. Missed you too. I will get cactus all together for you.

Hamilton, OH

Debra
I am So Sorry, I lost My Brother, MIL & BIL all the same year, 2 years ago, What Brugs do you want? I have Plenty, You Know I like Sharing with You
Hugs to you
Elizabeth

well gosh, I just don't think I can keep a cutting going anymore LOL. Nice offer, thank you. My basement is all set up with new T5's and I am ready to bring in the crew.

Hamilton, OH

Debra
where do you buy your T5's? I just use the Shop lights, your light's look brighter than mine.
is there anything else I can send you, Red Castor Beans, maybe, Well if you think of anything Just
LMK

Hugs to You
Elizabeth

They are 7100k bulbs see if you ca find them at HD or Lowes. I have tons of castors, thank you again. Just let me send you this pot of cactus and I will be happy. Do you know I have still never had a double brug to live and blooms for me? Frustrating to the point of no return.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I agree Debra with the brugs not living. Just don't think I can stop trying. Elizabeth I will mail your package on the 3rd. :)

You have my deepest condolences Debra.

HUGS
Sandy

Did you get your cactus? Just curious since I did not track it..

Hamilton, OH

Sweet Debra
I am so Sorry, I have meant to tell you Yes, I did, Thank you so Much for sending them, Girl I have been Super Busy, My MIL passed away, so I had to rent a Storage unit to put all her things in, so my DH, could put the House up for Sale, the Probate judge was very stern about that.
so the only thing I could think of at the time.
it was costing me $73.00 a month,so my DD & I cleaned out my Garage to put the rest of what the relative's didn't want in there so I could go through it, some of it is being donated.
got me thinking, do I want my DD's to have to deal with papers, that should have been shredded years ago, so I cleaned my attic, Donated all kinds of clothes that did not fit anymore, mine & DH's
anyway I am almost done with the de clutter.
I hope all is going well with you, if you ever need anything Please don't hesitate to LMK
Take Care, Hugs
Elizabeth

Oh Elizabeth, I know what you are going thru, been thru it with all my inlaws and elderly and mom and grandma, it is a mess until it is done. You are a real sweetie to be the one to do this.
It is indeed a lot of work and time consuming, and I think your monthly is better than ours was on the storage unit, ours was 97 a month for a year, and my poor one car garage was stacked to the top with boxes of stuff from three old ladies homes LOL
Good thing my son is a mover, he moved it all, after packing it up, and stacked it up and we had like three huge garage sales until it was almost gone and then we goodwilled the rest of it.
It makes me want to purge my stuff so my kids don't go thru that, but I am a hoarder of some sorts when it comes to gardening stuff. Poor kids..

Hamilton, OH

Debra
that's what I am doing in my House now, I have shredded so many papers that should have already been done, I gave 5 bags of clothes to a place you call them they pick it up, they give you the bags
I have been a hoarder, so I now have actual paths through my whole house. there a forum on here that you get rid of 10 things, I have been posting there also, for some reason if you post it, it helps you stay on track. also I told all 3 of my DD's if they want something they better speak up.
I feel the same way, I don't want my family to have to deal with my stuff.
hopefully my MIL's House sells soon, so my DH doesn't have to deal with that anymore, he has a Sister in law, that's a witch, after his mother died it wasn't even a month then his brother died, so she wants half of his mothers estate, well half of nothing is nothing, what ever the house sells for has to go for her final expenses, plus she left her GK's some money
I wish I could be a fly on the wall when the probate Judge tells her that.
well Girl if you ever want to talk do you still have my phone number, I am just a call away
Take care
Hugs
Elizabeth

I think I have your number.. I will look and see.. Isn't it funny how family is when there might be some money involved? LOL

Hamilton, OH

Debra
do want me to Dmail you my phone number? Yes people drive me crazy, when they're like that

Hugs
Elizabeth

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

My Fiance's dad's will was it be split among the children so if one had passed it was one less to spit with. She wasn't related except by marriage. It depends how it is worded and as you said 0 divided by 2 or 22 is still ZERO!!!

Hugs to you Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Good Morning
the will that my MIL left, was that the final expenses, were to be paid with what was left after the GK's got their money that she left them. so after the House sells, those things have to be paid.
then if there's any money Left my DH, has to Split it with his Brothers Widow, DH's Brother died not even a month after his Mother passed away.
I would just love to be a Fly on the wall when the probate judge explains to that witch & her attorney, that half of nothing is O

Hugs to you
Elizabeth

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I totally understand... It is amazing how greedy some people are. My Fiance just finished his divorce and he had to give up half of his retirement he gets each month but because she worked the whole time and but was never vested as she quit and went back so he gets nothing from her. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around that. He is now forced to get a job as he can't live on 1200 a month.

It is a long story but I know they call it marital income but she had income also. As my DB says some people are still alive because it is against the law to kill them :)

My son stole everything he could from me while I am alive so imagine his surprise when my will is read......Left it all to my brother who will not let him have a dime. There is alot more to it than just that like he lied to a judge and 3 sheriffs cars came and took me to a physch hospital. I was out in 22 hrs as the judge said he just wanted my house and everything I own.

Yeah it hurts but not all he has done so all I can do is get passed it and move on. I have 2 DGD's and my DB knows I want it put into IRA's for them as that way he can't con them out of any. Trust me it has taken alot of hard knocks from him and theft to change my mind on him but I survived and unless I spend it while I am still alive he is out. Boy I didn't realize how bad it still hurts. But I will be fine

Hamilton, OH

Sandy
sounds like you had your Hands full, some people are just like that, I am sorry you have to Deal with that.your BF is to funny, you have to leave your son, $1.00 so he can't contest your will.
you shouldn't let him get to you, some kids are just like that.

they close on my MIL house next Friday, so it won't be long now, whatever you do for the Kids is a Good thing, I have 42 acres in KY, my oldest DD want to build a house there, I told her she has to buy the other 2 out, it wouldn't be fair any other way.
I have to do a will as of yet i haven't done that, but it's really important, to get that done
well Girl take it easy, talk to you later
Hugs
Elizabeth

Dear Elizabeth, I know this thread is closed, could you hop on over to the about to thread and Join us there? In general discussion, just click on my name and see where I have been to please? here is the link, it used to be on the brug forum, but we got off topic too much..

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1333630/

This message was edited Nov 5, 2013 7:00 PM

Hamilton, OH

Debra
Thank you for the invite, well Girl I have been busy, my yard work is finally finished till next Spring,
I do have a Pic for you it's my Brug Bud, yet to open, I'll post as soon as it does.
if you like Datura's I have seed, but let me warn you, they get Huge, the Bloom is as Big as a Brug Bloom, it's white. just LMK if you want some Seeds? I Love these Basement Blooms

Have a Great Morning
Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Wow!!!

looking good there... looks like your basement is going to be heavenly and full of Angels blooming all winter.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I lost a few you sent me. I just have no luck when it comes to rooting them. I hope the rest survive. Maybe I can find some at the nursery in the spring :)

Hamilton, OH

Debra, Thanks, they are doing Great for some reason this Year, the offer is still open for you for Free Clippings anytime you want, Take care
Sandy, which one's did you lose, in the Spring I can send you a Few more, I know the feeling, a Good friend use's an egg, in the water with her clippings, you might want to try that, you put the whole egg in the water with your clippings.
Have a Great afternoon Ladies

Elizabeth

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I hate to say I lost all but Frosty Pink :( I am hoping it will survive and bloom and bllom and bloom :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.