Some of my favorites . . .

New Hyde Park, NY

Here are pictures of some of my favorite dahlias this summer. Edinburgh, Coppertone, Pat Feary, Lauren Michele and Hawaii.

Thumbnail by daisy_lee Thumbnail by daisy_lee Thumbnail by daisy_lee Thumbnail by daisy_lee Thumbnail by daisy_lee
Mentor, OH

Those are beautiful, daisy lee. I especially like Edinburgh and Hawaii. I have a Mystery Day that looks like Edinburgh. It should be opening soon. I love those rich purple/dark red colors. I hope you will be posting more photos. Seeing everyone's flowers gives me lots of ideas for what I want next year.

New Hyde Park, NY

Thank you Dan! I looked on the previous posting and saw many of your gorgeous dahlias! I especially liked Rebecca's World, Dutch Explosion and Caballero. By the way, I bought Hawaii and se

Below are pictures of my: Inara, Bluebell, Rosella, Peaches & Cream and Kogan Rubuki.

Carol

This message was edited Sep 11, 2013 12:55 PM

Thumbnail by daisy_lee
New Hyde Park, NY

Ignore the above post which got sent when I was downloading pictures...

Thank you Dan! I looked on the previous posting and saw many of your gorgeous dahlias! I especially liked Rebecca's World, Dutch Explosion and Caballero. By the way, I bought Hawaii and several others in a grocery store for $2.50 :)

Below are pictures of my: Inara, Bluebell, Peaches & Cream, Rosella and Kogan Rubuki.

Carol

Thumbnail by daisy_lee Thumbnail by daisy_lee Thumbnail by daisy_lee Thumbnail by daisy_lee Thumbnail by daisy_lee
Mentor, OH

Very nice, Carol! Peaches and Cream is the one I'm familiar with although all are beautiful. It's surprising what nice dahlias you can get at some supermarkets. This year at a local store, I bought a bag of three Akitas for $3.98. They were clumps and although I didn't do it, I could easily have divided and got at least six divisions. They all grew and bloomed beautifully. Really a bargain when you consider a lot of vendors sell individual tubers for $5-8 or more. I hope you keep posting photos as it helps feed my dahlia addiction. lol

New Hyde Park, NY

If you are on Facebook there is a group called "Growing and Showing Dahlias," where you can see a lot of photos of dahlias!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.