CLOSED: Tropicals

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

A few bulbs were given to me about five years ago. They hadn't bloomed for her and she didn't want them anymore. I planted them in the ground in Cocoa Beach and waited for the blooms. After three years I concluded that they must bloom while I was away for the summer. I dug up a few and brought them to NY, I planted them in a large pot and waited. They didn't bloom. The pot with bulbs went into the basement for the winter. We went to FL. In the spring the pot went back outside and you see in the first picture how nicely they multiplied. ( the canna is not available ). I never saw them bloom. I don't know what they are, maybe just nice foliage. I don't want them. Do you? If so dmail me.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Mittsy, there is one canna in the background. The other look like the peruvian daffodil.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB

Mike, what time of year do the Peruvian daffodils bloom? Do they require a winter dormancy?

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Mittsy, they bloom based on when you put them outside and how you overwinter them based on MY experience. You can plant them outside like you do gladiolas. Stagger the planting time to extend bloom time.

I've only had one dmail requesting these mystery bulbs. Anyone else interested? First picture is 4 bulb clumps. Second picture is 4 bulbs.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Boxes went out this morning to Stetchworth andChris_THGA.

I have more! They fit in a medium Priority box. $12.35, Check my have list I can add more to fill the box.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Do you still have the 4 bulb clumps?

yes!

I do not have a paypal account. Checks or money orders are all I can accept. I am withdrawing my offer.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2013 1:49 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.