Growing Tropicals in Ohio

Hamilton, OH

I am new to this Forum, but not to Growing Tropicals, Here are a few of my favorites

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Welcome Elizabeth! Your tropicals are very pretty. Join us on the fall, winter thread. Nice group of people from around the area.

Hamilton, OH

Hi talordaylily
I will do that

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Glad you made it!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Just now finding this! What beautiful blooms on your cactus, brugs and plumeria. Wow! You must have a dark green thumb!!! Are those all in pots? I used to have brugs and plumerias, but one year they didn't make it out of the basement (mother was dying of cancer) and I haven't had any since then. I miss them. Got any more pictures?

Hamilton, OH

Joycet
Girl I have Sooo Many Picture's, The Brugs are in the Ground, you need to make a Day Trip to
Hamilton, I have so Many Clippings, as I am digging my Brugs up
here are some more Photo's

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Elizabeth! Don't you just love that there were Praying Mantis this year? They are so neat. I was NOT a happy camper when I saw one of the kittens eating one!

I get to Hamilton pretty often. Do you ever go to Joan Day's house for her twice a year sales? She's a friend of mine. Anyway, I hit Delhi, and Jungle Jims, so I'm around. What part of Hamilton are you in?

So you take clippings in the fall. Do you root them in water over the winter?

Hamilton, OH

Joycet
when you go up main street to Millville Ave. you pass Franklin street I am the second house on right
227 Millville.
Yes I have been to Joan's House, I took a class there a couple summer's ago.
there are many ways to root Clippings, one is in a 5 gal. bucket with an air stone bubbler, you can put the clippings in a container of water with a whole Egg, also right now you can just stick them in the ground until Frost.
if you want to stop by call me @ 1-513-330-5048 today I have a Doctors appointment at 3:o'clock
then I am home most of the time as I am retired, right now I have a lot of Blooms

Elizabeth

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Haven't been on in a couple days. I would love to see your garden. I'm sure it's spectacular right now. When did your brugs and plumeria start blooming? Do you do anything special to them before you put them outside for the year? When do you put them outside for the year??? Put your number in my phone. Not sure when I'll get that way.

Hamilton, OH

Joycet
I am gald you put my number on your Phone, I put 2 hands full of 10 10 10 in the bottom of the hole
when I plant my Brugs, the best I can remember in May I had Blooms on both the Brugs & the Plumeria, then they Bloomed up until now, when you do get a chance to come this way Just Let me know, you're on your way, next week end, I will be digging all the Brugs up, I have a bunch I have to move to the basement, this week

Elizabeth

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm probably not going to get there, Elizabeth. I'm going on a bus trip with my garden club this week and I'm leaving on Saturday to go with some friends to Nashville to house sit. They will probably be all tucked away before I can get back. Is it supposed to rain tomorrow? I'm not leaving until afternoon, so maybe I could come by tomorrow mid morning.

Hamilton, OH

Joycet
that would be Great, it only takes a few minutes to tour my small yard, it was some Good Luck getting a trip like that, I use to House sit when I was a lot younger

Elizabeth

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.