ID Please!

New Hyde Park, NY

Does anyone know the name of this coleus? It didn't have a tag and I couldn't resist buying it!

Thanks!

Thumbnail by daisy_lee
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Check out Mary-ann-ee on Rosy Dawn.

New Hyde Park, NY

Thanks Pirl, I am not sure if it is Mary-ann-ee since it appears to be darker than the one that I have.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Daisy, the color of your coleus today may not be the color or shade of your new growth. It is rather subjective, depending on available light and temperature for starters, not to mention the photography. It is part of what sometimes makes it difficult to identify. I am sure she will enjoy growing for you.

Stockholm, Sweden

Reminds me of this (from the Rainbow seed series): http://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com/assets/coleus_superfine_rainbow_color_pride_3.jpg

Excellent call, Alice!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Ask Alice where she is visiting.

Maybe she will see your post and respond.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

On Facebook she is in Ohio. She is at Baker's Acres.

Alice does love her coleus!

Stockholm, Sweden

Pirl: Yes, indeed! :)

Sharon: One day (maybe next year) I will visit your part of America, and when I'm heading against Las Vegas I will of course conctact you, that's my plan. I'm looking forward to it!

The Rainbow seed coleus in the photo that I linked to - is called "Rainbow Color Pride". You can read more about it here: http://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com/annuals/coleus.html#gsc.tab=0

Have coleus fun,
Alice

This message was edited Sep 21, 2013 9:16 PM

Sharon - maybe Alice is at Baker's Acres in her dreams! For a coleus lover it wouldn't shock me.

Daisy - could yours possible be Violet Tricolor? See photo. Mine came from Rosy Dawn. I found the photo by accident while filing more coleus photos taken recently.

Thumbnail by pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.