Feed and water your Daylilies.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I found a new way to feed and water your daylilies,I am going to cut 2" plastic pipe into 14" lengths & put them in the ground by each daylily roots. I can feed them by putting fertilizer in the pipe & then watering them the same way & now all I have to figure out a way to cover the hole on top, Maybe I can cut intertube into 6' squares & tie around the side, Then I can cut a slit into a x & that should do it. I won't be feeding the weeds this way. Does anyone think it will work.?? Maybe someone could find a company that could make a cover for the tops.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Roseman, you should be able to use the pcv caps from the hardware store. Keep us informed.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I would if they are soft so I can slit them, By slitting them the opening would close as soon you quit watering them & no dirt or air would get in & dry the roots.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Roseman, I'm with Mike! The watering tubes made to water trees have a hard top too.

1st, I would not use 2" PVC...maybe 1" with a 1" screw on cap. Of course, it would all depend on how many daylilys I was doing this for. And of course, cost is another factor...at least for me.

Linda

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Linda.. Do you know how long it would take for me to undo all of those caps for as many daylilies that I have, That's why I thought of soft rubber so I can cut a slit in them & move to the next daylily to water. It would be OK for someone that does have many daylilies.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Linda.. Do you know how long it would take for me to undo all of those caps for as many daylilies that I have, That's why I thought of soft rubber so I can cut a slit in them & move to the next daylily to water. It would be OK for someone that does have many daylilies.

Warners, NY

You could just buy a hose end root feeder----then you could feed everything you grow---makes tree seedlings shoot up fast.-----------------------------------Weedy

I used to use gallon milk containers turned upside down and buried. I cut the top on 3 sides so it would close. I also used liter soda bottles doing the same thing. It worked great for tomato plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.