E. Iturerensis and Pauciaudentis

Los Angeles, CA

I live close to Pasadena. I have both of these plants on the West side. They don't seem to be doing all that well. The Pauciaudentis has yellow leaves and the Iturnerensis is burned. Will they take full sun. I thought they would eventually.

Also what would be a fast growing palm that will take full sun. I would like something other than a Queen Palm. Just something out of the norm that will eventually provide some shade and take full sun.

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

WAshingtonias, Trachycarpus, Butias, Parajubaeas and some Livistonas are pretty fast... and Sabal mauritiiformis and yapa are two more fast ones.

Both your cycads do very well in full sun, so if they are burning it is either because they are not used to sun yet, or their roots are unhappy about something. The paucidentatus is a finicky cycad and does not like too much water, to be moved much, clay soils etc. Ituriensis however seems to be quite hardy and adaptable.

Los Angeles, CA

Any particular Butias.

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

only the common one is fast (B 'capitata'/ odorata).. B yapa is pretty fast as is B eriospatha, but not as so, and Butia paraguayensis is sort of slow... but Butia purpurescens is the slowest of them all (save the dwarf Butias, though I only have experience with one of those).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.