earth box yeilds

New Port Richey, FL

assuming you do everything right what kind of yields can you expect to get from earth boxes? I've read a lot about how great the plants grow but what are the average yields for individual veggies such as beans' English peas, squash, and brussell sprouts in particular?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Flsusie

I think the yields would depend on what your soil is made up of and how often you fertilize them.

I know folks that have varying results which came down to the type of soil each was using.

I don't think the earth boxes grow less than what a pot or in the ground planting would produce.

I just realized the date of you post, sorry didn't see this back then.

So time for an update, did you get some and if so what did or are you growing?

Jan
Your neighbor just a little north of you.

New Port Richey, FL

I had some that I'd apparently been using wrong for awhile, but replanted the right way in early sept, had surgery in oct so it all went south. I did get my son to replant 1 w/ kale while I was recovering and its doing great even in this heat. I get enough for me 2 or 3 x a week for the last month. (8 plants) I replanted 2 more this past weekend w/ romaine and broccoli so we'll see how they do.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

flsusie If you need any help just let me know and I'll be happy to come down and help out.

Jan

New Port Richey, FL

Thank you so much. I actually need to get off my butt and do things myself to get back in shape mentally and physically. I've milked this out long enough. Wish I still lived up your way but work keeps dragging me further south it seems.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Susie

At least you have work. I couldn't get work after my job ended in Bradenton, so with cheaper rent here, this is where we are now. Hoping to hear some good news about a interview I went on Thursday. The lady is suppose to call on Tuesday with either a second interview or thank you we are moving on with other applicants.

So for now this is it. I'm just trying to get use to the cooler temps up here. We had some in Bradenton, but not this cool. Plus we had way more sunshine there than here, very disappointing to me.

Jan

New Port Richey, FL

yes it seems like there's a pocket from Brooksville south to about 52 that is always colder than the rest of the area. I'd run sprinklers in the trees at night lots of times to make icicles for the kids and the rest of the family 20 miles south wouldn't even get frost. Even in summer the nights were nice most of the time. This year was a lot cloudier everywhere I think. Good luck with the interview. .

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks for some inside about this area Susie. Also appreciate the luck for the job.

Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.