I'm so tired with my tree peony

Lanzhou, China(Zone 4b)

Fall is the right time to harvest to every planter. Yesterday, I was exhausted to manage my peony nursery. Because one tree peony has more than 100 peony seeds nuts, wow, this is really a big project! Can you ever see a tree peony with so many seeds?

Thumbnail by paeoniarockii Thumbnail by paeoniarockii
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Rockii, how old is that tree peony? Are you standing on the ground or on a ladder? Love your photos.
Marcia

Lanzhou, China(Zone 4b)

Thank you. I was stood on the ground, this is a 12 years old tree peony. There are lots of tree peonies like this in my nursery. These tree peonies can survive in winter without artificial protection. They can grow forever if you take good care of it. If you are interested in big tree peony, you can visit my website: China-Plants.com, all paeonia rockii can grow into 2-3m like this.

Thumbnail by paeoniarockii Thumbnail by paeoniarockii Thumbnail by paeoniarockii
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

They are absolutely magnificent trees. The blooms are beautiful. I am guessing the blooms are smaller than the shima nishiki blooms which are 6-9 inches in diameter, 15-20 cm.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

those are absolutely beautiful!!!

Lanzhou, China(Zone 4b)

Rockii paeonia have many varieties, and the diameter of some flowers are the same as shima-nishiki's. Some even more larger! We held a tree peony festival this year; many tourists are amazed at our tree peony, not only for its color and form, but also the diameter of flower.

Thumbnail by paeoniarockii
Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Your peonies are beautiful...please continue to share.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.