Moon Gardening, September 2013

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 1st.

Flower day
Sign Gemini
Moon Waning crescent

Synodic:
Garden maintenance, weeding, cultivation and harvest. Do not sow anything, check or build a new compost heap.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Gemini: Air sign. Sow Flowering plants.
Do not sow Root plants Radish, Spring Onions,Turnips

Sidereal:
Moon in Gemini: Barren and dry, and yet good for promoting flower growth.

The Moon Sign of Gemini

3rd Sign, Gemini, The Arms (Horoscope: 21 May to 21 June)-
Receptive * Masculine - Extroverted
Element * An Air sign. Airy
Quality * Mutable – Adapting, ruled by Mercury.
Garden Traits * Non-bearing, Barren and dry.

Not good for planting or transplanting.
Planting in Gemini results in long, stringy, weak plants.
But Melon seeds respond well in this sign.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Farmer's Almanac, September 2013

1st-2nd Fine Planting Days For Fall Potatoes, Turnips, Onions, Carrots, Beets, And Other Root Crops. Also Plant Seedbeds And Flower Gardens. Good Days For Transplanting.

3rd-6th A Most Barren Period, Best For Killing Plant Pests, Or Doing Chores Around The Farm.

7th-8th Good Days For Planting Peas, Beans, Tomatoes, Peppers, And Other Aboveground Crops In Southern Florida, Texas, And California. Excellent For Sowing Grains, Hay, And Forage Crops. Plant Flowers.

9th-10th Excellent Time For Planting Aboveground Crops That Can Be Planted Now, Including Leafy Vegetables, Which Will Do Well. Start Seedbeds.

11th-12th Clear Fencerows, Woodlots And Fields, But Do No Planting.

13th-14th Any Aboveground Crops That Can Be Planted Now Will Do Well.

15th-17th Poor Planting Days. Kill Plant Pests.

18th-19th Favorable Planting Days: First Day For Aboveground Crops. Last Day For Root Crops And Also Good For Transplanting. All Days Fine For Planting Vine Crops.

20th-22nd Seeds Planted Now Will Grow Poorly And Yield Little

23rd-24th Good Days For Planting Root Crops. Good Days For Transplanting.

25th-27th Seeds Planted Now Tend To Rot In The Ground.

28th-29th Fine Planting Days For Fall Potatoes, Turnips, Onions, Carrots, Beets, And Other Root Crops. Also Plant Seedbeds And Flower Gardens. Good Days For Transplanting.

30Th A Most Barren Period, Best For Killing Plant Pests, Or Doing Chores Around The Farm.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 2 - 3 - 4

Leaf day
Sign Cancer
Moon Waning crescent

Synodic:
Garden maintenance, weeding, cultivation and harvest. Do not sow anything, check or build a new compost heap.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Cancer: Water sign. Sow Leaf plants: Cabbages, Chicory,Lettuce, Oriental and Chinese vegetables are more resistant to cold weather, you can sow : Pak Choi, Mizuna, Mustard or Japanese Spinach Leaves, Mustard Greens, Chinese Cabbage any variety. Also Salad burnet, Sanguisorba officinalis, is another green that can be grow in a cold frame in winter. Coriander and chervil best sown by the end of August, but sowings under cover in October could still work.
Do not sow Fruit plants.

Sidereal:
Moon in Cancer: This is a good time for germination

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

The Moon Sign of Cancer

4th Sign, Cancer, The Breast (Horoscope: 22 June to 22 July)
Receptive * Feminine - Introverted
Element * Water sign, Watery
Quality * Cardinal - Initiating Change
Garden Traits * Fruitful & Damp

Very fruitful and moist, watery and feminine. It is considered the most productive of all the signs and most frequently used for planting, transplanting, grafting, budding, dividing, starting cuttings, seeding and all propagation.
Good for watering and irrigation.
Even when Cancer is a Leaf day Sign, if you couldn't plant Root plants / seeds on a Root day, you can also use Cancer for both above-ground and root crops, they do well under this sign.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Oh, that is very good to know. Many times it is difficult to just plant everything according to its sign.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

evelyn Hi! yes, yes, it is good to know th, sometimes it is raining or you are busy and it take long to wait.

Fruit day and Flower day do complement A BIT with each other also, but it is a bit complicated, see, if you plant a fruit in a flower day, you will have so many fruit and with good pollination, the tree will have too many fruits that the tree will have to abort or you will have to thin them out by hand if you want decent or larger fruit size.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 5 - 6

Fruit day
Sign Leo
Moon New Moon

Synodic:
Sow leafy vegetables and annuals that produce above ground. Lettuce, Spinach, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Sprouts, Sweetcorn, Cucumber, Grains. This is a good time to harvest Vegetables if they are to be stored.

Biodynamic: 
Moon in Leo: Fire sign. Sow Fruit: Broad Beans, Peas.
Do not sow Leaf plants Cabbages, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Lettuce.
Vegetables / Fruit harvested now will store for longer.

Sidereal:
Moon in Leo: Dry and barren. Good time for garden maintenance.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

The Moon Sign of Leo

5th Sign, Leo, The Heart (Horoscope: 23 July to 22 August)
Element * Fire sign rule by the Sun, Fiery
Quality * Fixed - Persistence
Garden Traits * Dry & Barren, the most barren sign.

Plow, till, cultivate, kill weeds and pests, destroy trees, bushes, roots and deading trees.
NOT a good moon sign for planting -nor transplanting.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 7 - 8

Root day
Sign Virgo
Moon Waxing crescent (Last Quarter)

Synodic:
Sow leafy vegetables and annuals: Lettuce, Spinach, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Sprouts, Sweetcorn, Cucumber also Grains are good to plant now.

Biodynamic: 
Moon in Virgo: Earth sign. Sow Root plants:  Radish , Spring Onions, Turnips.
Do not sow Flower plants like Calabrese, 

Sidereal:
Moon in Taurus: Barren and dry. Garden maintenance only.

The Moon Sign of Virgo

6th Sign, Virgo, The Bowels (Horoscope: 24 August to 23 September)
Element * Earth sign ruled by Mercury. Earthy
Quality * Mutable - Adapting
Garden Traits * Moist & Barren

Good for cultivation and destroying weeds and pests.
Virgo is not a good sign for planting vegetables or trees, but many flowers & vines will do well when planted under this sign.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 9 - 10

Flower day
Sign Libra
Moon   Waxing crescent

Synodic:
Sow leafy vegetables and annuals: Lettuce, Spinach, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Sprouts, Sweetcorn, Cucumber also Grains are good to plant now.

Biodynamic:Moon in Libra: Air sign. Sow Flowering plants.
Do not sow Root plants: Onions, Radish,Spring Onions ...

Sidereal:
Moon in Virgo: Dry and barren. Garden maintenance.

The Moon Sign of Libra

7th Sign, Libra, The Kidneys(Horoscope: 24 September to 23 October)
Element * Air sign, ruled by Venus. Airy
Garden Traits * Moist & Semi-fruitful

A good sign for planting above ground crops. Also crops where good pulp growth like kohlrabi and roots are desired, also good for planting vines and if you want especially beautiful and fragrant flowers, vines and herbs, this is the sign you should plant them under. Also used for seeding hay, corn fodder, grain and similar.
Can also be very good for crops that bear above the ground. The best sign for planting flowers for beauty, bulbs, barley, beans, beets, cabbages, carrots, peas, squash, tubers, and vines.
Seeds planted in Libra produce strong pulp and root growth.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 11 - 12

Leaf day
Sign Scorpio
Moon First quarter

Synodic:
This is a good time to sow vegetables with seed bearing fruits: Tomatoes, beans, peas, peppers, chillis, pumpkins, courgettes.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Scorpio: Water sign. Sow Leaf: Cabbages, Lettuce, Coriander.....
Do not sow Fruit plants: Broad Beans,Peas.

Sidereal:
Moon in Scorpio: An excellent time for planting, germination and strong sturdy growth will result.

This message was edited Sep 8, 2013 2:32 PM

Quote from cristina :
September 7 - 8

Root day
Sign Virgo
Moon Waxing crescent (Last Quarter)

Biodynamic: 
Moon in Virgo: Earth sign. Sow Root plants:  Radish , Spring Onions, Turnips.

The Moon Sign of Virgo

6th Sign, Virgo, The Bowels (Horoscope: 24 August to 23 September)
Element * Earth sign ruled by Mercury. Earthy
Garden Traits * Moist & Barren

Good for cultivation and destroying weeds and pests.
Virgo is not a good sign for planting vegetables or trees, but many flowers & vines will do well when planted under this sign.

I have a question...beets, carrots and onions should not be planted, even though it is a "root" sign? And OK to plant flowers...the more flower-planting days are good for me..

I am not trying to be picky, but just understand the concepts here. Thank you.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Evelyn, that is a very good question, Looking only to the characteristic of the different signs we have:
The Fertile signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces
The Semi-Fertile signs are Taurus, Libra and Capricorn
The Semi-Barren signs are Aries, Sagittarius, Aquarius
The Barren signs are Gemini, Leo, Virgo

But through experience we know that different plants do well with barren signs.

I think that I already told you that I do not plant anything on Leo, the seed/plant that I start or plant or transplant on a Leo moon do terrible for me , that is what I dis find out but some people may be , they may have luck with Leo, even when Leo is my sign ....

With different methods of Gardening by the Moon you do not only look or consider the Moon itself but also if you look at the position of the Zodiac interacting with the moon, the characteric of the Sign, the Moon phases, the ascending and descending rhythm of the same and many other aspect that will interact with each other (apogee, perigee etc,), that is why I feel it is good to keep a journal to find out how plants react to you and your environment.

With the biodynamic, a method of organic farming originally developed by Rudolf Steiner in 1924, many researcher continue finding out through experience the relationship of all the variables and the different trees, plants, flowers and vegetables and they share their finds with a community of gardeners and biodynamic is growing acceptance all over the world.

I hope that this help.

I have many more info for each sign that I will share. It would be good if you cut and paste to start your own research and see how it pan out for you in your locality.

cristina

Thank you so much, Cristina. Why don't you just put the biodynamic (and your hints, as well), instead of the synodic and sidereal? I think that the people that are following this thread are just interested in biodynamic....anyone else have comments about this?

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Yes evelyn I think that I will do that from next month, Iwill not stop the Sidereal and the Synodic to have some kind of continuity in the thread, and you are right, people are interested in biodynamic. Now with the Calendar:

September 13 - 14 - 15

Fruit day
Sign Sagittarius
Moon First quarter

Synodic:
This is a good time to sow vegetables with seed bearing fruits. Tomatoes, beans, peas, peppers, chillis, pumpkins, courgettes.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Sagittarius: Fire sign. Sow Fruit plants: Broad Beans, Peas. t it would not be a good time Do not sow Leaf plants: Cabbages, Lettuce.

Sidereal:
Moon in Sagittarius: Dry and barren. Good time to plant onion sets and bulbs

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

The Moon Sign of Scorpio

8th Sign, Scorpio, The Loins (Horoscope: 24 October to 22 November)
Element * Water sign ruled by Mars. Watery
Garden Traits * Fruitful & Moist

Nearly as productive / fruitful as Cancer. Especially good for vine growth and to provide plant sturdines . Veggies & flowers planted in Scorpio will reward you with abundant crops.
The second best sign for planting, transplanting, watering and irrigation, propagation and good for pruning.
Seeds planted in Scorpio produce good vine growth, sturdiness, good fruit set, winter hardiness, and drought and cold resistance. Good sign for planting fruit trees.
Plant most vegetables and flowers for abundance but don't dig potatoes.

Good for planting:
Beans, berries, cantaloupes, cauliflower, cereal, chicory, peas, eggplant, potatoes, pumpkin. Flowers for abundance.
Excellent for all crops that bear above the ground. Second best for all root crops I mean all potatoes, peanuts, chuffas, onions, beets, carrots, turnips, rutabagas, etc.
Tomatoes like to be transplanted in Scorpio, and it is a good sign for corn and squash.
Graft or prune in the third and fourth quarter to retard growth and promote better fruit.
Set out fruit trees, flower bushes, vines and plants.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

The Moon Sign of Sagittarius

9th Sign, Sagittarius, The Thighs (Horoscope: 23 November to 21 December)
Element * Fire sign ruled by Jupiter. Fiery
Garden Traits * Barren, Non-bearing & Dry

Used for planting fiery crops such as onion, endive, leeks, garlic, peppers, chili, radish and also potatoes,European trees (such as oak).
Fairly good for planting onions, onion sets and cucumbers.
Good also for fruit trees.
A good time for cultivation and harvesting.
Fruit picked in Sagittarius keeps good.
Harvest roots and onions for storage.
A good sign in which to cultivate the soil.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 13 - 14 - 15

Fruit day
Sign Sagittarius
Moon First quarter

Synodic:
This is a good time to sow vegetables with seed bearing fruits. Tomatoes, beans, peas, peppers, chillis, pumpkins, courgettes.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Sagittarius: Fire sign. Sow Fruit plants: Broad Beans, Peas. t it would not be a good time Do not sow Leaf plants: Cabbages, Lettuce.

Sidereal:
Moon in Sagittarius: Dry and barren. Good time to plant onion sets and bulbs

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 16 - 17

Root day
Sign Capricorn
Moon Waxing gibbous

Synodic:

Biodynamic: 
Moon in Capricorn: Earth sign. Sow Root plants:  Radish , Spring Onions, Turnips.

Sidereal:
Moon in Capricorn: Potatoes and tubers planted now will have a strong growth.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

The Moon Sign of Capricorn

10th Sign, Capricorn, The Knees (Horoscope: 22 December to 21 January)
Element * An Earth sign, ruled by Saturn. Earthy
Garden Traits * Productive & Dry

No. 1 for all root crops, stone fruit trees and bulbs.
Second best for all flowers.
Good sign to plant and transplant root crops.
Produces good root and stalk growth.
Good sign for pruning trees and vines also grafting,promotes healing,

Good for planting:
All crops that bear above the ground, all transplanting.
Used for planting potatoes, root crops, and tubers.
Bulbs, beans, brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, onion sets, radish, flowers and fruit trees especially stone fruit trees and bulbs. Encourage strong, hardy growth.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 18 - 19

Flower day
Sign Aquarius
Moon   Waxing crescent

Synodic:
Sow leafy vegetables with seed bearing fruits: peas for greens

Biodynamic:Moon in Aquarius: Air sign. Sow Flowering plants.

Sidereal:
Moon in Pisces: Best sign for planting soft fruit.

The Moon Sign of Aquarius

11th Sign, Aquarius, The Legs (Horoscope: 22 January to 19 February)
Element * Air sign ruled by Uranus. Airy
Garden Traits * Dry & Barren

Used for cultivation and destroying noxious growths, weeds, pests, harvesting and cultivation.
Good for planting crops that bear above the ground. Except that seeds planted in Aquarius don't germinate well and are likely to rot.
Good for planting: only onion sets.
Good sign to harvest fruit and root crops for storage.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2013 7:23 PM

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 20 - 21

Leaf day
Sign Pisces
Moon Full Moon

Synodic:
Sow root vegetables, berries, bulbs, onions, biennials, and perennials.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Pisces: Water sign. Sow Leaf vegetables: Arugula, Spinach, Cabbages, Lettuce, Coriander also Herbs.
Herbs are excellent as indoor plant to grow throughout the winter months. I Suggest you to try: Basil, Chives, Oregano, Parsley, Thyme.
Do not sow Fruit plants: Broad Beans, Peas.

Sidereal:
Moon in Pisces: This water sign promotes root growth.

Quote from cristina :
September 18 - 19

Flower day
Sign Aquarius
Moon   Waxing crescent

Biodynamic:Moon in Libra: Air sign. Sow Flowering plants.

Sidereal:
Moon in Virgo: Dry and barren. Garden maintenance.

The Moon Sign of Aquarius

11th Sign, Aquarius, The Legs (Horoscope: 22 January to 19 February)
Element * Air sign ruled by Uranus. Airy
Garden Traits * Dry & Barren

Used for cultivation and destroying noxious growths, weeds, pests, harvesting and cultivation.
Good for planting crops that bear above the ground. Except that seeds planted in Aquarius don't germinate well and are likely to rot.
Good for planting: only onion sets.
Good sign to harvest fruit and root crops for storage.

Pardon me, but I am a bit confused. Is the moon in Aquarius, Libra or Virgo???

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Thank you Evelyn,
I am so sorry, It was a mistake.

cristina

OK, but in what sign is the moon?

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

I did edit the post for the 18 and 19 , so now it is OK.

The Moon is in Aquarius for both days, 18th and today 19th and will move to the Zodiac Sign of Pisces for tomorrow the 20th and also the 21st.

Hope this is clear now.

Thanks, cristina

Thank you Cristina! Now on to Pisces. Is it only good for leafy plants?

(Sorry, I get confused easily...) Can I transplant perennials in this sign?

A lot of my lettuce has not come up, but I did get results with head (iceberg) lettuce, which really does not take our extremes very well...the heat or the cold, but since they are growing, I will prick them out and see what happens.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Evelyn, Today and tomorrow we are in Pisces, one of the best sign for gardeners:

Moon in Pisces

12th Sign, Pisces, The Feet (Horoscope: 20 February to 20 March):
Moon in Pisces - A water sign and feminine.
Element * Water sign ruled by Neptune . Watery
Garden Traits * Moist & Fruitful

Very productive and moist. Second best sign for planting and transplanting. Especially good for root growth and irrigation.
Used along the most fertile signs, Cancer and Scorpio, especially good for root growth.
This is the best sign for planting soft fruit.

One of the best signs for planting, transplanting, propagating, etc. Seeds produce strong root growth, drought resistance, deep root penetration, short top growth, and a healthy, plentiful fruit crop.

Good for planting:
It is a great time for planting most types of crop.Broccoli, bulbs, Brussel sprouts, carrot, celery, chicory, cucumber, horseradish, parsley, radish, pumpkin. Flowers and deciduous trees.
Water lily, fig and willow are Pisces plants. Willows are choice in winter, with the glowing orange-scarlet stems of Salix alba `Britzensis'. In early spring, Salix helvetica has soft grey leaves, and silky grey and yellow catkins.

No. 1 for planting and transplanting above-ground crops. And all flowers.
Second best sign for all root crops.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 22 - 23

Fruit day
Sign Aries
Moon Waning gibbous

Synodic:
Sow root vegetables, berries, bulbs, onions, biennials, and perennials.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Aries: Fire sign. Sow Fruit plants: Broad Beans, Peas.
Do not sow Leaf plants: Cabbages, Lettuce.

Sidereal:
Moon in Sagittarius: Dry and barren. Garden maintenance.

Cristina ~ Ahh...good! It is pouring down rain, yes a "gullywasher" as they say in the hills. Oh, yes, I am in the hills...LOL!! So I won't be going out today, but the rain is helping to prepare my soil for digging, what I hope the be the final change in the landscaping before we put this house on the market.

I will be digging out all the ornamentals that the deer ate at the end of the season, even with repellant. They never grow well because of it, and I seem to have forgotton why there are no plants are in certain areas. They, over the course of a few months will all be moved to inside the fenced garden area.

I have already started to prepare the ground. It is easy digging near the compost pile. I will move that over and secure as much ground as I can and just move what the deer like, and hopefully take cuttings of what grows well and the deer have not eaten, and just plant more of them in those areas.

Cristina, are you doing anything new or different this coming season?

This message was edited Sep 21, 2013 4:43 PM

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Well, as you know everything is green and sprouting madly we are having some few rain but the weather is warming up and all my fruit trees are setting flowers and greenery all over, Spring is wonderful!

I am not setting anything new, I feel that changes are around the corner for me so I'll continue with thongs as they are but my usual vegetables and herbs are all in their beds and growing very healthy.

Hope you can sale your home soon and well.
Cristina

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Continuing with the qualities of the different planets in relation to Gardening

The Moon Sign of Aries
1st Sign, Aries, The Head (Horoscope: 21 March to 19 April)

Very good for planting beets, onions and tobacco. Not good for planting and transplanting other crops. Plants from seeds germinated in Aries are bitter tasting and quick to bolt.
Harvest root and fruit for storage.

Aries plants are: Geranium,thistle and honeysuckle flowers alsoBryony, Peppermint, Tiger lilies, Geraniums, Hops, Impatiens, Hollyhocks and witch hazel, all linked to Aries, the lilac-blue flowers of Geranium malviflorum and the maroon-black of G phaeum can appear. Thorns are also linked to Aries, the common hawthorn symbolizing the onset of spring. Crataegus x lavallei is one of the best; it has spring blossom, and orange berries in winter.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 24 - 25 - 26

Root day
Sign Taurus
Moon Waning gibbous

Synodic:
Sow root vegetables, berries, bulbs, onions, biennials, and perennials

Biodynamic: 
Moon in Taurus: Earth sign. Sow Root plants:  Radish , Spring Onions, Turnips.

Sidereal:
Moon in Taurus: Sow Root vegetable crops especially when hardiness in drought conditions is needed.

The Moon Sign of Taurus
Taurus- 2nd Sign, The Neck (Horoscope: Apr 21 - May 20)

The best sign for planting below ground crops and potatoes, especially when hardiness is important.
Also second best for planting all crops bearing above the ground and all flowers.
Good for transplanting.

Taurus plants are rose, poppy, violet, foxglove also Daisies, Primulas, Violets, Columbines, Mallows, Sundews, vine, ash, cypress and apple. The climbing rose `Pompon de Paris' is especially early, and can be smothered with tiny pink flowers at the same time as ceanothus `Puget Blue'. Clumps of the smoky-purple violet, Viola labradorica `Purpurea', would complete the picture.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 27 - 28

Flower day
Sign Gemini
Moon   Last Quarter

Synodic:

Biodynamic: Moon in Gemini: Air sign. Sow Flowering plants.

Sidereal:
Moon in Virgo: Dry and barren. Good for promoting flower growth.

The Moon Sign of Gemini
3rd Sign, Gemini, The Arms (Horoscope: 21 May to 21 June)

Mow grass to retard growth.
Good sign for plowing, tilling, and cultivating, kill trees, destroying noxious growth, weeds and pests.
Use organic insect controls and prune trees and bushes.
Harvest root and fruit for storage.

Gemini plants are: the sweet lily-of-the-valley scent of Convallaria majalis `Fortin's Giant' fills the garden at this time. The French lavender, Lavandula stocchas, with tiny heads of fragrant purple flowers topped by rose-purple bracts, nut trees are Gemini's plants also Maiden hair ferns, Orchids, Chrysanthemums, Lilacs, Azaleas.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

September 29 - 30

Leaf day
Sign Cancer
Moon Waning Crescent

Synodic:

Biodynamic:
Moon in Cancer : Water sign. Sow Leaf vegetables: Arugula, Spinach, Cress, Kale, winter Lettuce.
These Oriental and Chinese vegetables are more resistant to cold weather, you can sow : Pak Choi, bock choi, Mizuna, Mustard or Japanese Spinach Leaves, Mustard Greens, Chinese Cabbage any variety.
Salad burnet, Sanguisorba officinalis, is another green that can be grow in a cold frame in winter.
Herbs are excellent as indoor plant to grow throughout the winter months. I Suggest you to try: Basil, Chives, Oregano, Parsley, Thyme.
Do not sow Fruit plants: Broad Beans, Peas.

Sidereal:
Moon in Pisces: This water sign promotes root growth and germination

The Moon Sign of Cancer
4th Sign, Cancer, The Breast (Horoscope: 22 June to 22 July)

No. 1 top sign for all flowers, planting and transplanting all crops that bear above the ground. When I say bear above the ground I mean cotton, corn, cane, tobacco, peas, beans, peppers, watermelons, squash, cucumbers, okra, wheat, rye, oats and etc. all cover crops, all grasses, all leaf crops. This sign also No. 1 for all root crops.
Seeds planted in Cancer germinate quickly. Plants propagated in cancer are the hardiest, best growing, and withstand drought.

Cancer Plants: White Flowers, especially white roses. Plants as Acanthus is also a Cancer plant, the most imposing variety being Acanthus spinosus with its mauve-purple flower spikes and huge, dissected and arching leaves. It thrives on poor soil, plenty of sun, and good drainage. Also associated with this sign are wild flowers, and trees rich in sap.Bear's breeches, Morning glories, Geraniums, Lilies, Water lilies, Cabbages, Lotus, Verbena, Southern magnolias, Cow parsley and any type of white flower.

Cristina ~ Where do you get all this information on the specific plants? Is there a book about these?

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

I have few books on Moon Gardening but the one I do like most is a real old one published in Chile in 1960

Secretos del jardin y Lunar agricultura (Secrets of the garden and the Lunar Agriculture or something like that) by Adelia Parra Tormez

I don't think you could find it, in those year Chile was in the never never of the world .....

It is a pity because, to me is a little gem. It got the most clever info about old timers practices and gardening but what is uncanny is that the same belief that I find in the book were familiar or well known by the folks in Australia and reading other books from other counties the belief is the same ..... It is funny to be that old! LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.