Ornamental Cherry Tree identification, please

Newport, WA(Zone 5a)

I have two ornamental cherry trees that I bought at Wal-Mart several years ago. One blooms white and one blooms pink. The white blooming tree is larger and is thriving much better than the pink variety, so I would like to purchase another white one just like it. Unfortunately, I have forgotten what variety of ornamental cherry tree it is.

Attached are photos taken today (August 29th, Zone 5) and one photo of it blooming in May (far left tree).

Please help.

Thumbnail by xrdh Thumbnail by xrdh Thumbnail by xrdh Thumbnail by xrdh Thumbnail by xrdh
suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

My guess on the white one would be Yoshino Cherry.

Newport, WA(Zone 5a)

Hey, thanks! I'll see if I can purchase one locally.

Sure, that's my guess anyway. If you've ever been to the National mall in D.C., that's what those trees are, Yoshino Cherry trees, (mostly), if it looks like those in bloom, that could possibly be the one you have.

The Cherry trees in D.C. in Spring would be a sight to behold I'm sure, most of them are Yoshino Cherries but there are some others they say, I've never seen them in person myself.

---------------

- http://dc.about.com/od/hoildaysseasonalevents/a/FAQsCherryTrees.htm

This message was edited Sep 4, 2013 9:09 AM

(Zone 7a)

I have a Yoshino in my yard. It's beautiful in bloom.

Oh, yes just a beautiful tree in bloom. Years ago I got pics of this one in a park, it's real nice, unfortunately, I think it has been cut on for some reason.

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.