Mesilla Park, NM

I found a tag at bottom of the pot that said ilka, so I'm hoping that is what this one is. It isn't quite open but I couldn't wait to show it. They are doing well in the 15 gallon pots. Ill post more photos when it opens up completely.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here it is open, but I'm not sure what it is.
It is a pretty purple, very dark about three inches

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

That probably is Ilka. Colors may appear different due to climate/soil/etc. but it does appear the same to me.

Here's mine so you can compare:

Thumbnail by pirl
Mesilla Park, NM

Yes, I agree, it is sprinkling her and is cloudy.. We need this rain ... What flower is that next o yours. They are both nice together. I have one more that didn't have a label and it has a bud! I feel like I keep getting instant gratification from these plants. Tank you for poring your photo.

The light one is Belle of Woking, very common and should be easy to find. The color of it is very variable and goes from a very pale lavender to giving the appearance of white.

#1 The closest I've had to the "silvery mauve" one site describes it as being.
#2 Often begins blooming near ground level.
#3 Does go to the single form later in the season.
#4 Has that green cast before the blossom opens.

Thumbnail by pirl Thumbnail by pirl Thumbnail by pirl Thumbnail by pirl
Mesilla Park, NM

Purl, that is beautiful .

I think that the flowers continue to grow even after they open, or it sure feels like they do. This one and Patricia Ann Fretwell are getting larger and larger each day. They appear to ne at least six inches across.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd

Hurray! That's great news. It's proof you're doing everything right.

Mesilla Park, NM

I followed your instructions to the letter, thank you..

You give me too much credit. Look in your mirror - that's who deserves the credit.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.