Internet on 2 computers

Orlando, FL(Zone 10a)

I have one desktop computer with AT&T DSL, which comes in over the phone line. When a guest was here I replaced my modem with a wireless gateway so she could access her laptop in her room at the same time that I used internet on my computer. I'm now wondering, as I search for another housemate, if that person does not have wireless but does have a desktop computer, exactly how can we share internet? Definitely don't want a server as we won't be sharing files, etc., and I don't want to run miles of wires. There is a phone line in that room, which when I used phone lines for telephone service was an "extension", i.e., it rang the same phone number as the one in my room (which now only brings DSL). If a computer in that room has a DSL modem (not wireless) will it work to just connect to that line? We will want to be able to access internet at the same time. I feel so dumb not knowing something as simple as how to plug in! (and the last thing I want to do is call AT&T...that's a nightmare!) Thank you for your help.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!