installing toilet on a slab with no rough ins in place

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

What are the problems I may encounter? I want to make a large downstairs closet into powder room, (sink and toilet only). Do people ever drill a hole in a slab to do this? I have cold water about 5 feet away so no problem there, just the giant hole needed for the waste water (black water). This closet has an outside wall to outdoors but it is on the opposite side of the house from the access to the city drain. what are the problems related to that? I might be able to run the waste line thru the wall to the outside instead of thru the floor and I might be able to get a sewer line dug alongside the back of my house to the adjoining street but Ive read I think that all waste lines from one house must feed into the same line as the house faces.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!