Hermione is Free

Mesilla Park, NM

Message from my daughter to her beloved Hermione, a Golden Retreiver that was the sister to the two of mine.

My world feels so shattered, my heart broken in two. You surely must know, I’ll always love you.
You’re playing in heaven and I’m stuck down here. I weep as I write this, a sad lonely tear.
My baby girl, you had a bad seizure. I cradled you gently, I pet your soft fur.
I watched you hurting but couldn’t take it away. Please don’t leave me, is all I could say.
I held your sweet golden face, pet your soft little ears. I wish I could have taken away all your fears.
When it was over, your eyes glazed right passed me. No recognition, my heart cried, “oh my Hermione, please recognize mommy!”
She came around for a moment, the girl that I know. But it wasn’t long for the second seizure to show.
When the doctor said, “tumors and her future is bleek. She’s an old girl and she’s very weak.”
Oh doctor please, she my very best friend. I moaned and I cried, this can’t be the end.
My fury soulmate, my heart carries a hole. You are my angel, the joy in my soul.
When the third seizure grabbed her, my heart ripped in two. This is no life to live, I know what we must do.
My furry best friend, I must say goodbye. I nodded my head and started to cry.
Goodbye my sweet angel, my furry best friend. Some day will come and we’ll be together again.
I cried and I cried gently petting her head. The doctor proceeded and she went to bed.
I whispered soft sobs and begged her to know, I’ll love you forever, and you’ll live on in my soul.
You made me so happy, not a single regret. You were my personal angel, my family’s wonderful pet.
I love you Hermione.
Rest in peace my baby girl.
August 22, 2013

This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!