(Cececoogan) Cherie Coogan

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Cherie Coogan (cececoogan) joined us on May 17th 2006 and was an active member and a friend to many. She was a regular in the Upper Midwest forum and loved sharing pictures with us of her lovely perennials. Cece is best known for her lively banter in the long-running 'Coffee Threads' in our Parking Lot forum. She was a regular fixture there and you could count on her popping in several times a day to chat with the other 'coffee folks'.

Her gardens were lovely, but her personality was even more so. She was loved by many members here and her sunny disposition and cheery pictures will be missed.

Here's the link to her on-line obituary: http://www.waukeshasfuneralhome.com/obitsentry/display.php?oid=283

"A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee, joy accompanied me as I walked"....Anais Nin

Thumbnail by melody
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

It is very hard to grasp that cece is gone. She will be missed by many. I'm grateful for the visits I had with her, on Coffee and in person. Rest in peace, friend.

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

I just keep thinking "no, I want Cherie back"....it's unreal

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

It can't be true but it is. Our hearts are breaking for Cece and her family and friends.

She will be greatly missed by many who knew her.

God Bless Cece!

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

Still in shock that she left us so quickly. She was such a shining star. Rest in Peace my Friend

Havelock, Canada

Cece showed her kindness to me in many ways. This is such a shock and she passed so quickly. I know she was the glue that kept her family together and my heart aches for Ed, Ariana and the rest of her family. Rest now friend. You will forever be remembered and your absence has left such a hole in my heavy heart. Tend God's garden. I sure hope there is plant shopping and dancing in heaven.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I will keep a kind memory , for shared kindred ,
I will remember in prayer for all of the same here.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I was able to meet Cece in person.......she came to my greenhouse one spring and took home a couple of alocasia (1 turned out to be "Ed's Baby") and a couple of brug cuttings.

Rest in peace, friend, and may you dance away your days in God's garden.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Rest in peace, friend. You will be missed. I'm still in shock that you went so quickly when you seemed to be doing so well.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sending our condolences to Cherie's family. You will be missed. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Keep on Dancing, Cherie!!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Rest in peace Dearest Cherie. We will miss your humor and friendship. Love and hugs and prayers for family....

Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

Aw Cherie, we loved you girl.

Special prayers for Arianna. I'm so sorry for all the family.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sending condolences along with those before me!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I am still in denial about her passing. I am sure that it will sink in, but someone so young, so lively so full of fun, gone so quickly.

I know there must be gardens in heaven, and cece will surely have a place there to continue tending them. Just think she will have all the known plants in the universe to take care of, to marvel at and to tell the other angels about. She will truly be God's Master Gardener.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm still in shock also..it was just too quick and way too soon. Dear Cece...may you find joy and happiness, flowers and song in your new home. You were one special person and a real character. Rest in peace my friend.

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Sending love and prayers to family.

South Hamilton, MA

Condolences to Ed & the rest of her family. All of use will miss her so much. Her cheerfulness is a great loss.

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

So very sad to lose someone so full of life. She will be missed.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

My heart goes out to the family. It is so hard to lose someone and especially when they are young and seem to be doing well. She will be missed greatly.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

My thoughts and prayers go out to Cherie's family. I know she will be terribly missed.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I too am just blown away by CeCe's passing. Really shocked me yesterday and will take some time to sink in.

I find myself very lucky to have met Cherie in person at our local RUs. She was really one of a kind.

I'll miss you my friend.

Condolences to Ed and all of her family and friends.

God Speed Cherie.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I never had the privilege of meeting Cherie, but my prayers and comforting thoughts go out to the family and her friends.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thoughts and prayers for Cece's family. She will live on in our hearts. I would never have known her if it wasn't for Dave's. It's hard to lose a friend you never met.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I am so saddened to see this. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and her friends.

I'm sending my deepest sympathy to Ed and her family. I was shocked to learn about this. Although I never met her, She was such a support system for me when I lost my Daddy. We also enjoyed talking about our "scented babies". Her kindness will be missed.
Blessings to her family and friends ... ~Susan

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

We have a huge gap in our linked chain of friends on Coffee and... She will be sadly missed, we could always count on her for tales of dancing the night away, feeding her extended family, which new garden bed she was planning, and pictures of the granddaughter who she loved beyond reason. Far too young to have left us, and no time to say goodbye. Rest in peace, Cece. You'll be in our hearts.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I never "met" Cece either but her spirit lives on for sure. Sending my deepest sympathies to her family and friends..

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

I only knew Cece through the Upper Midwest Gardening forum, but that was enough to know what a wonderful person she was.

My heart goes out to her family, her friends and just about anyone that was lucky enough to interact with her.

One of the unique things about DG is we have the ability to go back to the old threads to read the words and view the pictures posted by the shining stars that may no longer be with us. I, for one, will be doing just that. I hope many of you will do the same.

Rest in Peace to a beautiful lady...

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Condolences to her family.. I am still feeling shocked over this,,

Larkie

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Rest in peace, sweet lady. We will all miss you so much. Prayers for the family in this time of sorrow for them.
Pegi

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

CeCe's Happy Spirit and Love will be how I will always remember her.

My thoughts are w/ her Family ... know she was deeply deeply Loved.

To my DG Family and especially the (((Coffee Ladies....)))
Thank You, THANK YOU for introducing her to me!

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Heart goes out to her family. Still taking this in.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

I still am having a hard time with this but continue to send prayers to her family for strength to get through this.

Cherie was so enthusiastic about her gardening, so proud of her little granddaughter and so in love with her husband, Ed.

I really will miss her posts.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I will not be able to go to the funeral tomorrow like a lot of us here on DG but we will be there in spirit giving our support to her family.

Goodbye Cherie you will remain in our hearts and minds until we meet up again someday.

You just keep on dancing girl!

Thumbnail by ves522
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

same here Vicki. wish I lived closer.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Since i am presently in New York, I won't be able to attend with the eastern Wisconsin contingent, but I, also, will be there in spirit.

Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

My thoughts and prayers are with the family today and I am thankful that some of our "Coffee and" family are there to celebrate in the life of Cherie.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Soar with the angels Cece!

Chapel Hill, NC

Farewell, CeCe, and be proud of a life lived to the fullest.
My heart is with the family and our DG ambassadors today.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.