is this some type of golden shower/cassia fistula?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Bought seeds in Hawaii 8 or 9 years ago...planted a few...forgot the names..relocated the trees..and I noticed these interesting sprouts in mid branch.
The tree trunk is very tall, can't get good picture of leaves..It could be that it grew tall finding light in the middle of the "jungle".
Anyway..I cruised through the Cassia section and am not convinced of what it might be.
Rj

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi, Randy!!!! How are you?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Doing well, spent the day whacking the garden, my back driveway is knee high with branches. How are you?

I'm in the same place you were a year ago - beautiful yard full of tropicals and the owner is short-selling the house I've rented for the past 5 years. I am heart-sick!

I will not be able to dig and move my most beautiful and huge tropicals - it just makes me nauseous when I think of all the work I've put into growing these plants from babies to beautiful specimens, only to have to leave a LOT of them.

Please pray I don't have a nervous breakdown over this. Other than this dilemma and having to euthanize my beautiful 15-year old Border Collie the day after Memorial Day, I'm fine.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

An I know how that goes. Bright side, you still get to be in the same area. You'll have a me pallet to work with, and have lots of friends to help you re stock.
It's sad loosing our little partners. I'm still missing my Pooter cat, h and the fern tree were the 2 I wanted most to survive the move..neither did.

I will be moving back to Kansas City, Mo., where I will have a greenhouse built.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

What!? How come

My son is in the military/Army and just got his license to practice Psychology - he's being transferred to a job with the military there. He and his wife have a 2-yr. old son and an 8-month daughter, so I'm going to live nearby and help with the kiddos.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

YAY!!!! Kay is moving back!!! Good news for me!!! LOL!!

Oh, hi Rj!! :~)

YAY Kay!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Hi, Pepper! Ya, you can have access to more tropicals!! I hope all the ones you got from me, when I moved to Florida 5 years ago, lived and did well for you.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi there.
Well Kay, guess you have new gardening..the grand kids! Good thing Pepper is there

LOL. Rj, you should come visit us when she moves back.

Only tropicals I have at this point now is a desert rose, 2 Cajun Hibs that need new pots so they'll quit pouting, elephant ears, and I think that's it. Other plants I bring in are a meezo and a houseplant I got from the floral director at my last job that she called the pregnant plant. I've run out of room for stuff to come inside. lol.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Your on! I will.
Kay, your in good hands, will take care of you.. We like the same plants.

Randy, it would be a thrill to meet you! We've hung out here on the forums for years and I would pick your brain to bits!!!!

Repeat Kay's last post here. LOL

Well, Pepper - we will try to make it happen.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Okay, it's a future date!

Cool, Rj!!!!

Cool!!!!

Keaau, HI

Hi Randy,

The Kea'au area has several Tabebuia trees with leaves similar to your plant, and they have yellow flowers.
Have you considered Tabebuia for your identification?

Aloha, Dave

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I certainly will consider it! I spent hours looking at pictures. Alas no blooms, wondering if those dangles are seeds? Tree has been in ground for 8 years.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.