Crockpot Choice Advice

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

I am getting so frustrated with crockpot/slow cookers. My old one died, it was old when I got iit years ago. I now have four new ones, a four quart, five quart and two six quarts. None are fancy, dial, and one push button. Here is the problem. I know that newer models cook hotter than the old ones but I find things scorch and boil even on the low settings. The five quart is way too hot, the four quart just scorched the bottom of a cake at the 4 hour mark on a five hour recipe. I use the six quarts for stews, roasts, chilis, etc. and for when we have big gettogethers and it is ok.
My question for y'all is whether a more expensive model is worth the money. I know it probably sounds silly but I use a crockpot because it is easy and foolproof, don't want to burn another batch of carmelized onions, cake, or other "easy" food.

This thread has 23 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!