moving past de-cluttering....

Crozet, VA

It has just come to mind the past few days that after several years of talking about and actually being involved in the de-cluttering of my home that I have pretty much reached a place where clutter doesn't seem to be my major problem....but now organizing what I plan to keep is the topic of the moment. I have to admit that it feels pretty darn good to feel as though I am advancing along in the footsteps needed in order to have a nice looking as well as well functioning home.

I have read some of the experts thoughts on the subject and have found it to be true....there isn't any proper organizing of clutter and junk....it always returns and in some cases, more than before......only after we have purged our spaces of items that we don't need, love or use......it is time to begin a functional system of organizing that works for our particular lifestyle.

I am planning to go about organizing my spaces the same way I went about de-cluttering them.......read all the information I can find on the subject, talk with others who are facing the same concerns and just keep putting one foot in front of the other as go through this next step in having an ideal home where I spend so much time.

I am hoping to hear from others who are facing the same sort of issues and I would also like to hear from folks who have come up with good organizational systems for their homes......hearing of other's successes helps motivate me to keep at whatever the task of the moment is.

Anyway....thanks for reading this thread and I hope to get some good dialog going and learn a lot from those of you who are ahead of me in this pursuit. Thanks all.

Ruby

This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!