Cattleya ID Needed

Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

Tag is lost. Is this Lc. Fire Island `Fiery' HccAOS? Petals are initially burgundy tinted but quickly fade to yellow.

Thanks.

Michael Lehv

Thumbnail by mslehv Thumbnail by mslehv
Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

I don't think so. I think my 'Fiery' had pretty much orange petals/sepals and the lip was neither deep lavender nor as frilly. That is from memory since I don't have a picture of mine to reference. Ken

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

The 2 pics I found on line look very similar, but have way more yellow in the throat.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

This is a picture sourced from "Google Images" and I think it is probably accurate.

Thumbnail by drdawg43
Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks to all. I guess it's not "Fiery." I'll have to keep looking. It's a real issue losing those tags.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

If it was a seedling, or even a merryclone, there could be some variation, whereas a division would be the same as the parent. I have a Pot. 'Cameron's magnetism' that is somewhat different than the grower's picture, and even less like the other two I found on the net. What ever your's is, I like it better than those other pictures!

Its a beautiful flower know matter what.
Cody

Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

I hope you found out what you have. Nonetheless, your photography is outta this world gorgeous! :)

Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you.

I envy your location. From October through May we have to struggle with elaborate indoor accommodations for two hundred orchids including computerized lighting, humidification trays, fans, exhausts, tents, etc.

I had an attached greenhouse but heating it when the temperatures hovered near zero wasn't any better. In fact, other than space limitations, the indoor "greenhouse" may actually be easier to control.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Michael, you need to take a bunch of pictures of your "indoor GH" and let us see what you have done. You must have a wonderful setup and so many orchids.

Ken in Mississippi

Odessa, FL(Zone 9b)

Try Lc. Gold Digger.

Jim

Thumbnail by hawkarica Thumbnail by hawkarica

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.