Likes and dislikes

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Please post a bit about your likes, and dislikes here, favorite colors, what you collect if anything...

My favorite color is purple. I love hummingbirds and angels. I like anything for the garden as long as it can tolerate this Texas heat.
I also love any type of garden art, angels, gnomes, butterfly, hummers, frogs...
No smelly things please. My breathing can get pretty wonky with some perfumes. I do like candles, eucalyptus spearmint from bath and body works.
I am a quilter, and I love to make charity quilts, so fabric or batting is always nice.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2013 3:34 PM

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I love garden art. Have many angels, cherubs and fairies. Always room for more of those.

The only color that doesn't get in my garden very often is orange. Love pinks, reds, purples and whites.

I feed birds. Mostly I have gold finch, house finch, chickadees, tufted titmouse, nuthatch, cardinals, blue jays and hummingbirds. I can usually find a few mourning doves hanging about, too. This year I even had blue birds nesting in a couple of my boxes. That was fun, they were right by the pond. Oh yes, I have a 5000 gallon water garden with koi.

Love candles, and anything else that smells good.

Hope that helps!

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

I would love anything if It came from the heart!

Love pink but like most colors Yellow being the least.
Anything Home or garden. Have the hot Texas sun and shade area. Love to garden art.
Anything home made sewn, crafted, cooked, baked, canned....
I love christian and country music.
Love antiques and vintage kitchen and garden.
Love to repurpose things.
I love my grandkids live close to 3 of my granddaughters we bake and do crafts together.
I have 4 dogs that I love and spoil. We just got some chickens hoping for eggs soon.
Live on 7 acres, have a large yard that I'm trying to make gardens and decorate. Love weird and strange, unique garden art.
So see just about anything!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Fav. color is blue, I love blue & yellow together, also huge on good ole red, white & blue. I like frogs, & hummingbirds. My favorite flowers are red, any at all as long as they are red. I sew, mostly quilting these days. I love Christmas fabrics as I'm making all the grands tree skirts.
I'm a bit difficult now as we consider ourselves to be in between homes. We live on a lake in northern MI but trying to sell and move to TN. Not too big on scented things, candles, etc. We have two dogs, a mini dachshund and a black Golden retriever.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2013 4:49 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Favorite colors - turquoise, celadon, black and white checks (for the kitchen).

I like owls, turtles, solar lights, wind chimes, small garden flags. I prefer realistic-looking items and am not fond of gnomes, fairies, elves, angels, fantasy figures or unicorns.

Love succulents, phlox, daffodils, Asiatic lilies, Iris.

NO scented or smelly things except for essential oils. No candles, please.

Don't need ditch lilies, kwanzos, crotons, anthuriums, or things I have to dig up and store for the winter. :)

This message was edited Oct 22, 2015 5:35 PM

(Zone 7a)

* I Love anything sewn, knitted, or crocheted handmade...flowers, dainty, frilly.
* floral scented things, potpourri, herbs, and soaps
* christian spiritual things, paper, pens, note pads, cards, and stickers
* anything with flowers on it :-)
* kitchen gadgets, glass, candles, cookbooks, recipes
* Things from the heart

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

I like everything! I love surprises! I love the fact that whatever is in that box.....tells just as much about the sender as it does the receiver!!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I love nature.
My house is vintage farm with a twist on nature. I collect seashell , coral and driftwood, and beach glass, and French county. I like the rustic ,and texture of these things.
I love vintage and primitive Christmas ornaments, paper mache Halloween.
I love jazz, and blues and rock music.
I like houseplants like African violet minis and trailing, streps and Tillisandia , orchids. Bulbs daffodils southern type and Amaryllis.
I love flavored coffee.
I can't have candles or perfumes due to allergies. I don't need candies.
I love handmade items. I love the thought process and the history behind each items, so if you make me something I will treasure it.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2015 7:14 AM

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I like green, lime green, I also like blue. Blue pots, black pots, clay pots. I like all colors of flowers.
I don't like cutesy garden creatures, I like ones that look real.
I do cement art and woodworking, and other garden art on occasion. I also paint, sew, and do all kinds of other art projects.
I love succulents, and unusual plants. Plants that are giant and plants that are miniature.
I butterfly, bird, and bee garden and have a tortoise named Titus.
I collect plants and plastic dinosaurs.
I live on 24 wooded acres, 10 miles from the ocean, on the central coast of California.
I like silence, I like outside, I spend most of my time in the garden or with my two daughters and grand-daughters. My husband sees me at dinner.
Evenings I spend online researching plants and trading seeds.
I like to make gardening friends online!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

My favorite color is green - any and all shades!! I like fairies and turtles. I am moving to a small, four room apartment so would like only small things please. I love anything handmade and gifts from the heart. I can't garden anymore but do have a houseplant and I love those plant pot huggers!!!

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Turquoise & yellow

Ocean Springs, MS

My friend, I will be happy with whatever you choose for me, but to help you...

Wanted for my red, white, blue garden- blue satin rose of sharon
Any kind of brug cuttings
Seeds of any kind of datura
I love unusual plants
I collect fleur de lis items and lighthouse items
Teaching myself to crochet, so any kind of beginner book, needles, etc.
I love baking, homemade soaps, word puzzle books, lighthouse puzzles, handmade items
Do-it-yourself kits like watercolor painting, birdhouses, birdfeeders
I like flavored cocoa, cappucinno mix, granola snacks or bars,

Do not need/want candles, houseplants

Thanks! :)

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I love blues, greens and lavenders. LADYBUGS reside in my house as special guest. :-)
Like lavender soaps and scents, flavored teas and coffees, anything sewing related or quilting related. Best of all I love surprises.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I don't participate in any of the group swaps anymore, but it's interesting to read what folks post as likes and dislikes!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

like, frogs, hummingbirds, fairy angels, anything Alabama crimson tide, flowers, ginger tea, mint tea, blue, red. the oldies, and old country music, bon jovi, billie jo royal
I hate candles that smell like strawberries or vanilla

This message was edited Sep 3, 2013 1:41 PM

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Favorite Colors YELLOW - Green-Tan
Love any hand made or Homemade :)

Kitchen or Hand towels
Love spice Smells like Vanilla , Pumpkin , Cinnamon -- anything but NO CANDLES
Shower Gels , Body Mist ,
Love , Cookies, Breads, Candies,
Lap throw's for the cold winter days
garden gloves - Small -Med
solar lights
yard ornaments - chickens, peacock, hummers, Anything cute or Corky
Hobby is BINGO & Gardening

DON"T DO
Jewelry ,Candles, jounals , calendars ,

This message was edited Dec 30, 2013 10:46 AM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Don't do:
Pink, Candles, Snakes, Owls, Houseplants.

You can surprise me with anything else, except for those above.

{{{PANICING]]] I have lost my person. Cannot for the life of me find where I as notified of who she is!!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Check your D Mail should be there.

Birdie which swap? Check your D mails. It should be there.

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh my Birdie sounds just like something I would do!

This one!! Mine came from Jordankittyjo and is a beautiful hand made elted glass necklace & earings, soapdish and soap all handmade. I see red so I know there are typos. without my glasses I cannot tell wha t they are. y glasses got broke last Friday and the VA can see e tomorrow for a new Rx, then no telling how long till I get them. Might have to go to one of those el cheapo shops.
Is there somebody out there who hasn't gotten their box yet rom this trade?? you are probably mine..I apologize 1000 times!!. Someone must have the original list...please send me my person and address again. Whoever you are I really want to make it up to you. maybe 2 boxes

bird brain Birdie

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

birdir, bettypauze sent you the box

Well I sure wondered why it was mailed from Canada if the sender was in Tx.
So now it is officially out... .I'm nuts!!! Living in a total state of confusion, I am, I am!

Birdie go to the thoughts of you thread and post pictures please?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1332173/

Birdie, here is the ink you need!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Amanda said"
I like fruits and vegetables, some herbs, baked goods. Is that too vague?

For. Myself I often buy cranberry or mulberry (reminds me of my Nana). Mellon and cucumbers was one of our faves. Yes, vanilla, sugar cookie, pumpkin spice, that sort of thing. Make me hungry all his talk of food!

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pm/861440/#ixzz2erp3Nek5

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

I found my old list on another thread from 2008 when I was still ClanCampbell, so thought I'd start a new one.

Likes: blues and greens, sunshine yellow, candles with vanilla or rose smells - any flower really :) At one time I had found a Victorian Rose candle that was out of this world - of course they don't make that scent anymore lol. Love perennial flowers, specially coneflowers and daylily - my garden is pretty small, so I don't get too many new ones lol. I love to scrapbook, so any embellishments are always welcome (specially love K&Company brand). Just getting into embossing/stamping too. Love to do photography, which led to my scrapbooking lol. I'm more into salty foods than sweet, but do love dark chocolate. Nuts are one of my fav snacks :) Anything to do with Dragonflies or butterflies. I enjoy going to flea markets and garage sales - never know what cool things I'll find there.

Dislikes: candles that smell like food - always makes me hungry! Coffee - don't drink the stuff, never have :) I do like hot cocoa mixes and Earl Grey tea, but not herbal teas.

Basically anything that someone sends to me will be loved :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.