Our New Pup

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

A couple months ago I had to help my best friend cross the rainbow bridge. Galloway, my BC, had been with me for 14 1/2 years and they were wonderful years. He gave me his love and unending devotion and when his body failed him I fulfilled a promise I had made to him years ago. Rather than be selfish and let him linger in pain and fear, I helped him cross the bridge into perfect peace, though it broke my heart into a million pieces. I still miss him so very much. But for me to suffer and grieve would have made him sad so we did something else to honor his memory. We rescued a pup from the urgent list at the local shelter. She was listed as a Feist mix but you never really know. I am quite sure she is part JRT. She is very intelligent and quick to learn things. She can sit, lay and stay. We are working on playing dead. But she does have a stubborn streak. She has a keen eye and a nose to match. I think she will be a good ratter. We love her and she is sleeping between DH and I as I write this. Her name is Remi and I think Galloway would approve of her.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy Thumbnail by CajuninKy Thumbnail by CajuninKy Thumbnail by CajuninKy
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!