Picture of my flock :-)

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

My flock... Big Red, crowing, and just some of his favorite ladies.....
Update: Most of my not-so-bright Buff Orpingtons have finally learned to use the roost.....and only a few have learned to use the nesting box.....proving that stupidity clusters. ;-) lol

Thumbnail by Glenda_Michigan
North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Beautiful birds!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Very pretty. Are they good layers?

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

CK, IMO, they ARE good layers! I like the Buff Orpington better than the Leghorns or Rhode Island Reds because they're not as "edgy" or high strung. Buff Orpingtons, have a calmer disposition, so between that and the size of eggs they lay, I'm very happy with the breed. :-) ....I think they're a prettier breed too. They remind me of chickens you see in art paintings. :)

(Zone 6b)

Everybody seems to love their Orpingtons, no matter the color.

What a beautiful place you have, with REAL grass. My poor backyard is now devoid of grass. During the drought we had in Texas a few years ago and with the help of my chickens, all my grass died.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I always wanted some lavendar orps.

(Zone 6b)

Yes me too. Where are we going to find some Cajun?

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

I have never heard of lavender orpingtons! Let me know if you find them! :)

LFJ, so sorry to hear about your grass; that's terrible! I am not a big fan of the north but that is one thing we DO have......soft green grass.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Our grass stays green most of the year but chickens will do a number on it if they are confined. I love any kind of lavender chicken.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Very pretty. I have to say that buff is my favorite. I know there are so many exotic colors. I'm just partial to the buff. What can I say? ☺

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.