Rescued

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Found this poor baby at the grocery store, bone dry and in need of rescue. Brought it home and cut off the flower head and have it soaking in water right now. I'll let it soak for about an hour. It looks like it was trying to send up new growth so hope I got it in time.

Thumbnail by marti001
Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

Looks pretty sad but I too like to buy some shrubs in the 50% off shelves! Hope you got it for a good discounted price.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

A few years ago I mentioned to the owner of the nursery that a few hydrangeas didn't have name tags. They were all well cared for but they were the last ones on a big nursery table. He gave them to me for $2.00 each and I love them.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I pain .49 cents for the poor baby. After soaking in water it looks better this morning and now I have rain, so I moved it to were it will get the rain water. And some filtered sun. I leave for Lexington today and will be back tomorrow so the rain is making sure I don't have to water before I go.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Report: my new baby hydrangea is looking good. In 3 days it is showing signs of putting up new growth. Little green buds are swelling up at the leaf nodes. It is enjoying being outside in the rain.

That's great news!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Update on rescued hydrangea. Looky! Looky!! It is starting to swell up leave nodes!!

Thumbnail by marti001
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Look at my baby now!!

Thumbnail by marti001

Wow! Once they begin making progress they are pure joy. Keep up the good work.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Update on my rescued hydrangea. I've had to repot it into a larger pot. And it is looking good.

Thumbnail by marti001
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Yay! Looks good!!! Great job!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.