August 6th, 2013: Slipper Plant (Euphorbia lomelii) by UCDweeb

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for August 6th, 2013 was Slipper Plant (Euphorbia lomelii).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2013-08-06

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Fantastic!! What an interesting bloom. Wish I could see one in person. Wish I could grow it in my yard. What a conversation starter that would be.
Should of read the whole thing. Those are not flowers, but the fruit. Whatever, it is still an eye-catcher. I was in Baja, many yrs ago, but my boyfriend was not one to stop and let me look at interesting things. I wish I could of gone back by myself and stopped and look at things I saw that caught my eye. I do that now as I'm driving along these back roads of Kentucky.

This message was edited Aug 6, 2013 7:54 AM

Lamar, AR(Zone 7b)

I wonder how common this is? I'd think not too many around. I would hope there is some control as to where to mail these to & how many could be bought?

If someone d0es have it as a house plant, it surely would be nice to get a couple seeds off it!

Up north, sOmeone would have to have a nice southern facing window during the window to overwinter something like this, I'd think.Would be terrific plant for those in the far southern zones!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I saw this on Facebook yesterday and it took a second look to notice they had grabbed it from Plantfiles from the copyright. Today I see more have copied it on Facebook.

Really cool photo!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I had thought about posting it to my facebook page, but was not sure if it was OK to do that so I didn't.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.