Help with removing Malware

Bedford, VA(Zone 7a)

I picked up slirsredirect malware somehow and now every time I use any search engine, it redirects me to something different that the address I found in search. I can't even search for instructions on how to remove this thing. I've tried typing in the actual web addresses and that seems to work but I can't be sure it's not sending me to another piece of malware. I'm running IE10, Firefox and Google Chrome and the thing is in all of them, but Firefox just hangs instead of redirecting.

I can see the redirect in my Internet Explorer add ons as an AOL search but I can't disable or delete it there and can't find it anywhere on my computer. Anyone have suggestions on how to get rid of this besides wiping the hard drive?
Please help!
Terri

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!