Syracuse Area Plant Swap!!! Come one come all!!!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi guys! I know it's a drive for many of you, but Saturday August 31st from 1-? We'll be swapping plants at my house!!
Bring some plants, a dish to pass, a chair and a friend! There will be door prizes and goody bags, and well... A tour of my baby garden! Hahaha starting over, so forgive the mess!! :)

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sounds like fun, but I have to pass. DH grew up in Manlius. Will be thinking of you.

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

I might just come. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to bring.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Darn. This year our DD has a ride to college, so we can't come. Goes right past you. We'll be moving the other two into their dorms instead. on that day. Have a wonderful time, all.

Thomaston, CT

Sorry, will just be coming back from Pittsford!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Well I really hope some can make it!! :)
I just got armloads of hydrangea cuttings I am trying to root! Yay for garbage picking!!!

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I hope so, too.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

for Dori Toasted Watermelon, historic from my sister Mary, Jesse's Song and Stairway to Heaven.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Well I have lots of fun ideas for this swap!! :) picking up some prizes this week!!

I added some Lily of the Valley and a blue Rose of Sharon seedling. Found more columbine babies amidst the weeds and potted them..I'll try to get some pictures of what I'll be bringing to give you an idea of what is available.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I posted in yahoo groups.... I think..... I don't know. I find that forum so confusing. So I made some flyers, and I am trying to get the last of my plants potted up this week. The yard is a mess, but I am in the middle of so many hard scaping project ideas before I start any new beds. Lol oh well. If my garden is ever done bury me in it! :)

I dug up a big Rose of Sharon today and two double french lilacs. I also have Jester's jacket geranium, daylilies, Elegant Candy, Dad's Best White, Kwanso, and Cleo, Evening Primrose, marigolds, TB Iris Jesse's Song, Stairway to Heaven, Queen's Circle, Mary 1 and Mary 2 from my sister. Unknown Spuria, Oregano, Toad Lily, Devil's Backbone, Blackberries Brazos Best and a peony. I'll have leftover Japanese irises as the box was sent to the Western Kentucky Botanical Garden this morning with half of the collection, (27 plants and engraved tags). I'm really cutting way back on my work load. Gerald took the Little Lamb hydrangea. Pink Diamonds is yours if you want it. Do you think you'd like me to bring extra lawn chairs?

Decided that I'll bring chili, so I cooked a pound of pinto beans, now when I shop I'll get 3# of beef, onions and tomatoes. It will cook in the crockpot and I'll bring an outside extension cord. The car will be loaded.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

holy moly!!! i am not sure where we'll put it all!!! i will need a bigger yard!!! :) i really really hope we get a good turnout!
i need to print up some more flyers and start covering my neighborhood! :) i put the word out on facebook and i put some flyers up at the university. if you'd like to bring extra chairs sure, if not no worries!
i hope it's more than just you and i!!! :)

I think Dori thought it was last Saturday, you should send her a link to this thread.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I spoke with her, she'll be out of town this weekend. So I hope we still get a good turn out! Anyone else interested in staying up to date on CNY area swaps is encouraged to add CNY PLANT SWAP on Facebook. Or you can add me, Kelly shaw. :)

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

here is a link to the facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CNYplantswap/

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi,I am an old member who recently rejoined
I am just getting my plants and gardens established at our new house
I would be interested in meeting others in this area
Someone close who might want some of my divisions
and has stuff I can use

I am in Cicero
I also sent a friend request to your plant swap group on FB

Thumbnail by crestedchik
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh wonderful!!! :) I added you and then looked here! We don't have much activity on Facebook, but come springtime we do lots of gardening! I really hope to make this year the year that we do some day trips to an iris farm or day lilies maybe?! :)
Welcome! What types of plants are your favorites, what style of gardening do you like?

crestedchik did you show colorful chickens at the New York state fair?

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes Mittsy ,I use to show them at the state fair
My barn burned down and I lost all my birds
My heart went out of it
There was no way to replace those blood lines
I kinds got out of everything for a while
Life in general....

I am trying to get back into gardening and my plants
I moved to a much smaller house with a much smaller yard
The neighbor hates my plants so I try to plant tons
I have my pond and waterfall in a dog free zone in the back yard
and large perennial garden out front
Tropicals are my favorite
We put a leanto type greenhouse on the side of the house
The plants seem to be dealing with it well
Some lost all their leaves but are coming back
The bananas are smooshed to the top but are alive and well

I have also been showing my dogs
I have Great Danes
I have 9 right now

Thomaston, CT

You need to contact Ronnie from PA....LuvsGreatDanes.....Nice trip out to the Finger Lakes to Dana Borglund's iris farm....I've been out there several times with my niece who lives in Pittsford.......

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

An Iris farm? How cool is that?

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

I had no idea that there was an Iris farm that close to me.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Me either....I havent seen it at the flower and garden shows in Syracuse....maybe its too far

Check out the irises that Sylvia (Sylvia's Love) and Dana Borglum's Seneca series in the Siberian irises. I have two of his Tall beardeds, Seneca Creamsicle and Seneca Pink Delight.

Thomaston, CT

He's a very nice person, loves the plants, & loves to show you around......

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

OK...gotta go there....but dont you have to go in fall? I thought Iris can only be dug in fall....or are they potted?

They are dug while in full bloom.

Thomaston, CT

I went the end of August....none of the iris....except for a reblooming one......were in flower, but I told Dana the colors I was looking for, & he dug them for me....

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

If the pictures are there ,then,there is no problem.
But to see waves of them blooming.......

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Well let's start planning now to go this spring? We could meet up somewhere and carpool, maybe do lunch and shopping in Waterloo!? :)

road trip. SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I think so!!! :) I think john would like it too!

We could also stop at Sauder's. Always good prices on things I use in volume like oatmeal.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh! I love that place! :) that would be really fun!!!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

sorry,things have been hectic ,I would love a road trip

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

ok, just wanna pop in and say HI and BYE! hahah I am not renewing my DG membership for now, due to financial issues, and not enough time spent on DG to justify. but please feel free to add me on facebook
Kelly Shaw
if you add me on facebook i can add you to the CNY plantswap Group, we could use some active members, there and in our actual swaps! :)
You can also email me directly Outlawheart81@gmail.com
I am terrible about checking emails but I will try my best.
if anyone wants to purpose any trips or trades you can always d-mail.
I will be checking in from time to time.
I am already potting up mint and little things as they pop up, getting them ready for our next swap
:) hope everyone is well! happy gardening!

I'll be back in NY in a week. Leaving to visit family in Ky. I'll call you when I am back home.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.