Mosaic Bird Bath, Start to Finish

Flagler Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

I have another site I'm on with bowling balls, but decided to start a new site for the birdbath I'm doing, But anyone can show there project here, birdbaths or something else, it's the creative side I like to see!! I'm going to post picture's as I go, and it may take awhile to finish this project, just bear with me! I'll try to explain what I'm doing, so you can follow along, especially beginners.

I take a birdbath, and a picture I found on my PC, I draw line's through the picture, horizontal and diagonal, number the spaces, and than do the same thing to the inside on my birdbath, you can increase the size to suit you, make all scares even, both ways so it's a perfect square, than number each line of squares ! Easy !! Now start your drawing by making the same mark in each numbered square from your picture, and add it in the correct box in your bird bath! Use a pencil so you can erase if your not happy how it looks, easy to erase!! Than start gluing in your tile's / glass! I use a glass nipper to cut my glass, and weld bond to glue the pieces in place. I also use a dremel tool to round my edge's, but you need not t do this step if your a beginner, just make it work like a puzzle, add the glass where it fits in your design! That's how I started out, and it always worked out!

Have fun, see you next time! Jami
Have Fun, and a Happy Sunny Day here in Dave's Garden!!

Jami

Thumbnail by jamibad Thumbnail by jamibad Thumbnail by jamibad Thumbnail by jamibad Thumbnail by jamibad
This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!