Need milkweed seeds for project

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Greetings:

Last year and the year before I gave away packets of milkweed seeds for free to interested friends, neighbors, and family.

If you have an abundance of seed, would you consider donating them for this very important cause?

Thanks in advance.

~Amanda

p.s. I realize this is not exactly a trade, but if you see something on my lists I'll be happy to trade. :)

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Are you looking for common milkweed? I have pods maturing of common milkweed.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Sure! Monarchs love common MW.

Any species really. Please let me know. Thanks.

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

No problem. It may take a couple weeks.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I have extra curassavica seeds if you are interested.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I am interested!

Please let me know if I can send you something in return.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I'd be interested in your agastache, coneflower, and rudbeckia triloba.
D-mail me your address. My curassavica is podding at a rate of 3 to 6 pods a day now so I will send you a nice little baggy of it. I am glad to find a home for some of this extra seed!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Will have this out to you this week Dee! Lots of seeds to gather before this storm/rain comes up the coast and tramples my garden.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I'm so excited . . . the caterpillers have finally arrived! Our weather has been so weird. We didn't get any hot weather this summer and now it has been hot in September and October. I have two monarch cats munching away. I just hope they develop properly , the weather is supposed to get cooler again by the weekend. I guess I could move the cocoons into the greenhouse if it starts to rain on them.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

That's great!

Th female that laid eggs here laid duds. No caterpillars. Very odd.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I have white, pink, purple and orange.. oh and the swan plant milk weed.. seeds . Prennial in my zone.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Keep me in mind Debra. ;)

yer always on my mind. Will pull you out some packets. ;) one pod still on the orange one..

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yippety do dah! :)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Incarnata seeds , 3rd batch ...

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Oops ! maybe I should be as patient as all of you are with me ,, (Syrica) You can smell them for half a block .. scented ....
I don't get to grow the pretty tender or tropical milkweed here , three or four of the hardy ones though ,,
I'm playing some as these are bubble envy bound towards the host of this thread shortly ..

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Nice work!

But why don't you grow the tropical flavors?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I don't have a season long enough here ,, and no place indoors to grow them , Further I can't hardly grow indoor to save myself ,
Well easy ones ,,
peace lilly
diffenbachia
spider plants &cholla
croton
wandering jew Yes there suppose to be Capitalized ...

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

thats a great seed shot, really good pic.. your trops look very happy, do i have to bring my cholla in?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

joeswife: I don't know .. Mine is a flat air leaf , that blooms orange , Comes from central America or Mexico , It is a tropical ornamental that is not even as hardy as most cactus , Used in basket decoration most often ,
Mine comes in,, and I don't even know it's true name , it's in the other com system that crashed

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Ju, I will send you full grown tropical milkweeds in the spring a soon as it's warm enough. I will be bringing in 10-12 full grown flowering plants and aim to try to root some cuttings over winter in addition to starting more in the spring.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Wow WEE !!! Me and my garden markers will impatiently await them ,, along with spring ^_^
Hope I have them long enough to give them names ,, lol

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I notice aphids on one of the A. curassavica today inside. Guess I don't have to worry about harming caterpillars if I spritz them with a little soapy water. That's right. One of the very few things I will "kill" :/

Apparently going to have a few more "mild"evenings before the next hard frost comes. Hope (?!) The cats are smart enough not to try to eat 'em.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I get milkweed beetles and red aphids or spider mites on mine ,, always hand pecking and washing during season , and dusting about afterward ,, trying not to hurt cats on the rare occasion I have any in the garden .

Here's my moth hummer avatar ..lol

Thumbnail by juhur7
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Nice capture! I just love bugs. :D

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.