small gourds

Edinboro, PA(Zone 5a)

I have a lot of small "egg" size and larger that I have dried....they are nicely oval, sanded, but still the natural brown splotchy on them......what can I create with these? i think they may be too small for bird houses.......any other ideas?

Anyone tried decoupaging over them with flower/bird photos? or made a windchime from them?

I am not an artist and to think of painting them or carving is way beyond my talents......thanks for any ideas.

Decatur, GA

Go to the AMerican Gourd Society web site and look for tutorials there. Also check YouTube for videos on crafting gourds. You can paint them, glue stuff to them to create animals or flowers or anything. The only limit is your creativity and imagination. Have fun.
Don't inhibit yourself by saying painting is way beyond your talents. Paint the gold and put stickers on them for christmas decorations. Paint them stripped pastel colors for easter.... orange for halloween. Do a web search for designs.
Have fun.

Edinboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Helenchild, great encouragement and ideas.....never heard of the American Gourd Society......I'll check it out....

Just don't want them to go to waste......and perhaps someone on that website may want them for a craft.......great and thanks again

Decatur, GA

You are very generous to want to find someone to make use of them. If you really aren't going to try your own projects you could donate them to the art department of a local school or find out if the local senior center has a crafts department. Assisted living places often have group crafts classes too. They can be a lot of fun to work with.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.